Chapter 25

"Did the world stop spinnin'?Nothing seems to changeI'm stuck at the beginning, and I'm in painDid the sun stop risin'?'Cause the sky's so grayDid the world stop spinnin' today?"

Nothing seems to change
I'm stuck at the beginning, and I'm in pain
Did the sun stop risin'?'
Cause the sky's so gray
Did the world stop spinnin' today?"

"Did the world stop spinnin'?Nothing seems to changeI'm stuck at the beginning, and I'm in painDid the sun stop risin'?'Cause the sky's so grayDid the world stop spinnin' today?"

Tristian's POV

Placing the last box on the ground, I groaned internally as I noticed the mess that had taken over the closet. Pens, ink machines, sketches, stencils... it looked unbelievable. The only positive in this room was the pretty girl sitting with legs crossed on the stool in the corner as she ate her frozen yogurt and periodically looked over to me while going through my sketches on her lap.

We heard a knock at the open door, and we looked over to see Kane leaning against the frame. He glanced around the room and let out a small whistle.

" Bet you didn't expect Tristian to be a secret hoarder, huh, Ingrid? " He spoke, and Ingrid giggled as I rolled my eyes. He looked around the room and spoke once again.

" Tell you what. Help him out by going through some of his old books. Throw out the stuff he hasn't touched in a few years and whatever you like. I'll buy you some time to look. " He spoke and chuckled as she jumped off the stool and ran over to one of the boxes. He nodded his head out of the door, and I stepped out with him for the moment.

We stood by his station, and I spoke. " What did you find? " I asked, and he sighed as he ran his hand down his face.

" Darragh is going to make $50 grand right now with the bets against you if you lose. "

" $50 grand. " I spoke, and he nodded.

" On the night of the fight, it is only going to grow. I'm guessing his take home is going to be at least $10,000 more.. "

" And what's my cut if I win? " I asked, and Kane bit his lip slightly before responding.

" $20,000 "

" And if I do lose? " I asked, and he sighed.

" Darragh is willing to negotiate $10,000.. " He spoke, and I had to let out a laugh. Leaning against his desk, I shrugged.