Chapter 4

"I need your love, I need your timeWhen everything's wrongYou make it right, I feel so highI come aliveI need to be free with you tonightI need your love

When everything's wrong
You make it right, I feel so high
I come alive
I need to be free with you tonight
I need your love."

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Tristian walked into the café and went over to where Ingrid was sitting. Her eyes never left him the entire time, as she was very excited to see him. Taking a seat across from her, he spoke.

" Dollface, I know you're probably excited to see me, but you could have easily scared off a random person if you looked at them the way you just looked at me. " She blushed, looking down.

" R-really? " She asked as if he was sincere. He, in return, smirked lowly as he grabbed her hand that was sitting on the table and rubbed the back softly. She felt her skin heat up slightly at his touch.

" No doll, I was just joking " She nodded her head as she focused on the way he was rubbing her hand. He looked up at her and noticed just how focused she was.

" So what have you been up to today? " He asked, and she gazed up at him.

" I finished my classwork, morning studies, harp lessons, and afternoon studies, " Tristian furrowed his brows. The way she fidgeted while she spoke made it seem that she wasn't the most enthusiastic about her previous activities for the day.

" ... You're in college? " He spoke, assuming, and Ingrid nodded her head.

" Online.. " She answered.

" Why online? " He asked.

" My mama and papa always wanted me to do school at home, and they haven't changed their minds since I was in kindergarten. " 

" Really? " Tristian asked as he found it slightly strange how her parents controlled her school life. Ingrid nodded her head, and they stayed silent for a bit. He continued rubbing her hand, and she bit her lip as a smile threatened to break out on her face, but she didn't want to scare him off anymore than she had almost done already.