Chapter 15

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving in

Sometimes I feel like giving up.
No medicine is strong enough.
Someone help me, I'm crawling in my skin.
Sometimes I feel like giving up.
But I just can't. It isn't in my blood."

Ingrid's POV

Ingrid's POV

" Well, aren't you pretty. " 

I looked up to the voice to see a man leaning down to my height. The smile on his face made me squirm in my chair slightly. He glanced up and chuckled.

" And even better, you're with Tristian... Now tell me, have you ever had to go bail him out at the precinct? He's gone like what four times this month.. a new record now that I mention it- " Tristian threw his gloves onto the floor, and I flinched, looking over my shoulder as he approached us. 

" That's enough, Brandon. " He said, and I gulped softly as Brandon smiled, taking a seat beside me. I could feel Tristian's anger radiating off of him in waves, and my eyes flew open as I felt Brandon push my hair over my shoulder. 

" It seems like you have a little girlfriend.. look at how cute she is, I wonder if the boss will like her.. " Tristian continued glaring at him, and before I could scoot away from the man, Tristian spoke.

" Ingrid.. go with James for a minute. " He muttered without tearing his gaze from Brandon, and I felt almost frozen in my place at his tone of voice. He seemed like he was about to snap, and the tone he used was almost menacing. 

" R-right now? " I asked him stupidly as if I didn't know what he meant, and he didn't say anything as he grabbed my hand softly and pulled me up from the bench slowly. 

" Yes, now doll.. get all of your things. I'll meet you in the locker room. " I nodded my head as I grabbed my stuff as quickly as I could. I glanced over at Brandon one last time to see a somewhat smug look on his face as he sent me a wink. Walking away from them, I noticed everyone had directed their attention towards us as James guided me over to the locker room. 

I flinched as a loud sound rang out as something had broken, and I looked up at James as he opened the door. As if he knew I was silently asking what was happening, he shook his head and nodded towards the room. Going inside, I took a seat in the middle of the room on the bench, and he sighed as he closed the door. I bit my lip as I directed my gaze to Tristian's sketchbook.