Chapter 14

"So won't you take it, I feel like for the first time I am not faking

Fingers on my buttons, and now you're playing.
Master of anticipation, don't you keep it all to yourself.
Just a touch of your love is enough.
To knock me off of my feet all week.
Just a touch of your lo-ove."

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Ingrid woke up once again, but this time it wasn't on the couch. She had been submerged in Tristian's bed, and his scent was all that surrounded her. She sat up and saw that the other side of the bed was untouched. She looked around his room and saw that it was empty, but she relaxed as she could still hear his voice in the other room. 

She stood up and walked around doing her best not to touch as much as the little voice in her head asked her too. Going into his bathroom, she opened the bottom drawer to see if he had any extra toothbrushes. Finding a few in a package, she thought he wouldn't mind as she opened it up and took one to use. After finishing up in the bathroom, she ran her fingers through her hair and put it up in a high ponytail. As she was about the leave the room, something caught her eye. One of his hoodies. She was practically bouncing in place as she had an internal debate on whether or not she should put it on. 

It is a bit cold.. And he's kind.. He won't mind.. 

Was her justification as she threw it on and smiled as it warmed her up. She stepped out of his room and saw him leaning against the small balcony outside as his back was facing her. The couch has a pillow and blanket on it she realized that he must have taken the couch as he laid her in his bed. She looked over to him and went to speak but stopped when she noticed he was on the phone. 

" It's bullshit really, Kane.. Noah is just a fucking hypocrite. He tells me that my job isn't real and that I need to get into his business. Yeah, fucking right.. we all know its a cover-up. " Ingrid furrowed her eyebrows as she stayed put, making sure he couldn't hear or see her. A cover-up.. for what? 

" What's worse.. Laying low, fighting, and being a tattoo artist or owning a fucking drug cartel. " Ingrid's hand shot up to her mouth in shock as she had to hide her yelp of surprise that wanted to surface. A what?