Twenty three|| memorial

Flashbacks from last night kept popping into my head. The feeling of his tongue licking and sucking me. I released a loud groan into the air. "Fuck" a loud knock boomed, coming from the other side of my door. "Mrs. Evanston? Is everything alright?" A maid questions me.

I quickly clean up and walk to the door. "Yes everything's alright" i replied politely.

"Very well, Mr. Evanston told me to remind you that the memorial is in an hour, and you mustn't be late" her sweet accent comes through from behind her words. "Oh thank you, I'll get ready now" I turned around and walked to the closet.

I don't really own any black dresses that appropriate for a funeral but I'll make do with what I have.

I wasn't to worried about my choice of clothing though, I was more worried about being able to hold my feelings together today.

We all grieve in different ways. Most either cry it out or they just become numb to the feeling. I however chose option three, I act as if nothing happened and all is well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy. I know he's dead. I know I killed Giana, but I'd rather not deal with the unnecessary pain.

Just then I heard a soft knock at the door. "Who is it?" I called out from the closest.

"It's Miles" a deep but familiar voice replied. I smiled softly "come in" I called out.

I picked a black dress from off the hangers. The dress went down to about mid thigh. It was probably the best I had, knowing my dress style. I heard heavy footstep's before Miles body appeared behind me.

He was dressed in a all black suit. The suit jacket hugging his muscular figure perfectly. His slacks hugging his nice legs, as well as showing the prefect outline of him. Holy shit.

I quickly snapped my eyes away before he caught me staring. I turned my attention back to the dress that I had in my hands. I slipped my hoodie and leggings off.

I quickly slipped my black dress on. "Are you almost ready?" Miles asked not once looking up from his phone.

"Yeah" i replied while looking at myself in the mirror. I sighed sadly before turning to face Miles.

as soon as he heard the sigh, like a reflex, he looked up from his phone. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "Is it about the memorial?" Miles questioned with concern.

"I'm fine, it just...seems so unreal" i bit my lip to stop myself from letting my emotions out. Miles took a few steps forward and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I know baby" he whispered.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Baby? The way the word rolled off his tongue was satisfying to me. He must of caught and cleared his throat.

"Baby?" I teased with a smile. He rolled his eyes "I didn't mean to, it just slipped out" he blushed softly "don't worry baby, I think it's cute" I messed up his hair before walking out of the closet and my room.

"Come on miles, we're going to be late" I called out teasingly. I stood at the entrance of the house waiting for Miles.

He finally walked down the stairs. He obviously fixed his hair. "Ready?" He asked and I rolled my eyes "I've been ready" I exited the house.

The car ride was silent. I was mentally preparing myself for all the fake people to show up.

Suddenly a sentence ran through my head. "Tell Ace I love her" Who's Ace?

Miles tapped my thigh twice telling me that we were here. I looked out the car window, the woods.

We chose to have the memorial in the woods, Matteo's favorite place. He always painted the woods. He actually wanted his wedding to be in the woods, surrounded by nature.