Chapter 8: Gentleman or Caveman?!

(Mature Language 18+)

"Here you go. White lilies just like you wanted." Isabella said passing a bunch of fresh flowers to the old man.

With a wide cheeky grin playing on his wrinkled face, the old man took the flowers and gently caressed them saying, "Perfecto! Sunshine is going to love these flowers."

Raising his head, he looked at her and beamed in joy, "I knew I could count on you. You are a life savior. Thank you dear."

Crossing her arms across her chest she squinted her eyes playfully and shook her head saying, "Now, now! Just a simple thank you won't do the job. You promised me something if I got white lilies for your darling wife."

As she wiggled her eyebrows, the old man rolled his eyes muttering, "I know, I know. I remember it clearly." Putting his hand inside his pant pocket, he looked back at her saying, "Don't you worry! I won't forget to bake Sunshine's favourite cake for her birthday."

"Now that's like a good boy." She chuckled softly as the old man carefully put the flowers in a large jute bag.

This old man is Domenico and he was married to Clara for over forty years now. The couple were deeply in love with each other. Even though they were turning old every day, their love for each other kept growing too. Their love and they were the example of the saying, 'age is just a number'. He was here to buy some flowers for his wife on her birthday.

"No, put it back." Isabella said looking at the money in Domenico's hand. Even though she earned money only by selling flowers, there was no way she was going to accept money from this sweet old man.

Plus, this old couple were great friends of her late grandmother.

"Come on Bella, I am like your grandfather. Don't stop me. I know how hard you try and there is no way I am going to listen to you. You must take this money."

When she didn't budge and kept staring at him as if telling him to put back the money, he imitated her actions and literally blackmailed her, "Now if you don't take this money, I am not going home. And if I won't go home, there is no way I am going to bake cake for Sunshine."

Now how was she supposed to argue with this old man?

As she stood there figuring out what to do, he gave her a wide cheeky grin knowing he had an upper hand here.

Playfully glaring at him, she rolled her eyes and took the money muttering, "Fine!"

As the old man chuckled softly, she cleared her throat and said as if making her point very, very clear. "I am taking this money only for you and Sunshine. Okay?"

"I know. God bless you dear. I wish you meet your better half soon. I can't wait to see your wedding." The old man chirped like a little bird and left while she bit her lower lip thinking about his words.

Just the mere mention of the word 'Better Half' and heat started spreading on her cheeks. She couldn't resist herself from thinking about Leonardo. Especially with the recent encounter in his cottage running in her mind, it was impossible to think straight. Plus, thinking about his mind shattering kisses just turned her on so much.

All these years, she thought she was probably sent on this planet without those sex hormones installed in her system. Well why not? She had never experienced such a strange pull towards anyone. But with Leonardo, it was totally a different story. A different story all together.

That man is definitely a definition of perfection. She couldn't help but wonder how on earth was it possible for someone to be that perfect!

His dominant aura not only got her heart racing but also her core tingling. Just the mere thought of him and a wave of pleasure coursed through her body.