Chapter 13: Francesca!

(Mature Language 18 +)

A soft smile curled up on Isabella's face when she felt his rough fingers tracing patterns over her back.

It was 6 in the morning and the gentle sun rays were just hitting the ground. As the morning breeze blew around, birds chirped and squirrels played around.

Their naked bodies were covered by a white cotton sheet while their clothes were scattered all over the floor. Looking at the room anyone would say that a mini earthquake was definitely a visitor.

His gaze was fixed on the tree outside her window when she suddenly decided to pop a question. Ever since she visited his mother's grave she couldn't shake away the thought of what must have happened to her or how she left this world.

"Tell me about your mother, your family. How did she pass away? If you don't mind me asking." Isabella asked looking at Leonardo who was watching the little squirrels running over a tree branch and grabbing whatever their little fingers could pick.

The instant he heard her question, that soft smile on his face disappeared and a painful expression surfaced over while his jaw clenched tightly.

When she noticed the change of expressions on his face, she mentally chided herself for her curiosity that might have hurt him.

Maybe it was still a touchy subject to him?

Maybe it brought some bad and painful memories?

Maybe he was just not comfortable talking about it?

And she wanted to slap herself not keeping her unnecessary curiosity to herself.

She couldn't help but think about the great saying, curiosity killed the cat!

Wait, does it mean, she spoilt everything between them? Oh no! Please! This can't be happening!

Deciding it was for the best to leave this topic alone, she cleared her throat and apologized, "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I understand it's a sensitive subject to you. You don't have to say anything. I will understand if you don't want me to know about her. Please don't worry..."

"Don't apologize! It's not your fault." He said still looking at the squirrel.

Taking a deep breath he turned his head to look at her and said, "I wouldn't have shown you my mother's grave or introduced you to her if I didn't want you to know about her. Obviously, I want you to. In fact, I myself wanted to tell you everything about her and my life with her. Yes, for sure talking about her death is still a sensitive subject but you deserve to know everything and I want you to know it."

As his words made sense to her, she inhaled deeply as a wave of relief coursed through her and she nodded her head softly.

Great, the cat is alive!

Knowing he needed time to express, she placed her palm over his hand and gently caressed it.

Deciding to be patient and be a good listener, she smiled softly as if telling him that she was right here with him and would always be his strength; no matter what!

Understanding what she silently meant, he softly nodded his head and closed his eyes thinking about his lovely mother. After a few seconds he opened his eyes to look at her and started narrating memories about his wonderful mother.

"Francesca was her name and she came from a simple family."

Hearing his mother's name, a soft smile broke on her face. She instantly loved how it sounded and knowing how much his mother meant to him, she decided that if ever they happen to have a daughter in future, she would name her as Francesca and also love her unconditionally.