Chapter 1

It was a gorgeous day to fly, Scarlett Fisher had an early start to her morning. It was the first day of Spring Break and as an elementary school teacher she had been looking forward to this day for months.

Scarlett kept a busy life, she worked full time as a teacher in Montreal and also worked part time as a journalist/social media admin for TSN a sports channel in Canada. She had a passion for hockey and golf and usually covered those sports for TSN.

This spring break was different though. Her best friend Mia was getting married. Scarlett was off to Monaco for the two weeks of Spring Break. She was ecstatic to celebrate with her best friend, she was the maid of honour so she had been planning the bachelorette party for months now. Scarlett needed a break from the stress of life. She couldn't wait to blow of some steam.

Scarlett dragged her suitcases full of fun outfits, costumes her bridesmaid dress and other goodies for the fun two weeks ahead of her. She waited for her Uber to arrive and loaded the bags into the trunk and headed off to the airport.

At the airport Scarlett checked her bags, printed out her boarding pass and got through security. She had an hour to kill before she had to board her plane. She pulled out her phone and called Mia.

"Hey Girl!" Mia said enthusiastically.

"Hey!! I'm just waiting for my flight now" Mia said excitedly!

"Did you manage to get a direct flight?" She asked.

"No, I have a layover for a couple hours at London Heathrow" Scarlett said with a sigh.

"Oh that sucks" Mia said noticing the sigh in her voice.

"It's okay, it's late when I get to London, so it wont be busy!" Scarlett said cheerily.

"You are good at looking at the silver lining of things" Mia said sweetly.

"Thanks, I try" Scarlett laughed. "I can't wait to see you! These next two weeks will be so much fun." Scarlett added.

"I can't believe my wedding is here!" Mia half screamed.

"We have talked about this day for so long, even before you met Kyle" Laughed scarlett.

"Very true, remember in our dorm room, we would both plan out our weddings on pinterest when we had no boyfriends or even prospective boyfriends" Mia laughed.

"Oh don't remind me, I still don't have any prospects" Chuckled Scarlett.

"Weddings are a good place to find love" Mia said in a sing-song voice.

"Or a good hook-up? Your wedding is in Monaco with a bunch of Europeans, I won't be finding any love that can last, just some fun if anything" Scarlett said matter of factly.

"Fun is fun" Mia laughed at her friends appraisal of the situation.

"I should go, I will be boarding soon. Can't wait to see you friend!" Scarlet said quickly as the boarding call rang through the airport speakers.

"See you soon! Kyle and I will be there to pick you up and a couple of his groomsmen who are getting in at roughly the same time as you" She said

"Oh great, I have to meet some groomsmen after a long day of travel, no one looks decent after 12 hours of flights and layovers" She said sarcastically

"One of them is single" Mia put an emphasis on the word single.

"Noted, but that is a territory I wont enter, don't want to make your wedding weird. Remember these next two weeks  are about you and Kyle!" Scarlett reminded her.