Chapter 15

A/N: sorry for the delay! Next chapter will be up by Wednesday!! Please continue to vote and comment! Love all the support ♥️

      The wedding continued to rage on late into the night. The next thing Scarlett knew she was being dragged onto the dance floor by Thomas and Amelia for the bouquet toss.
      Scarlett swallowed hard, she always hated this part of weddings, it was awkward and that's the last thing she felt she needed tonight.
       Mia squealed as she tossed her big bouquet over her shoulder. It was headed right in Scarlett's direction. There was nothing she could do, it landed in her hands and she smiled meekly as the photographer took a photo.
       Kyle then took to the floor and popped his boutonniere off his tuxedo jacket. The DJ announced he would toss that instead of the outdated garter toss. The single guys gathered around.
      Kyle tossed it, and Daniel jumped up at the back of the group and snatched it out of the air as it was about to be caught by Liam.
       Daniel thrust it into the air triumphantly. The photographer then ushered Scarlett and Daniel together for a quick photo. Daniel kissed her on the cheek for the photo and Scarlett blushed so much she could have sworn she was glowing red. Some whistles and yells were heard from the table of Kyle's childhood friends. Scarlett looked over and Max gave her a quick thumbs up. Lewis gave her a nod and a smile that felt a little off like he knew something she didn't. Which sent her stomach into her throat.
       The party wound down and the wedding guests said goodbye to the bride and groom with sparklers along the driveway to the villa. Scarlett gave Mia one big hug before she got into the limo because she knew she wouldn't be talking to her for a while due to no cell service in some areas Mia and Kyle were going.  As Mia got into the limo and was whisked away on their month-long safari honeymoon she said "Have fun tonight" With a wink to Scarlett. The door closed and they were off.
       The rest of the wedding guests milled about saying their goodbyes to people they knew. Then the parade of limousines out of the villa's large driveway began. The wedding party and their significant others stayed behind until all the guests were gone. The 15-seater van that brought them to the venue during the setup and rehearsal pulled up and everyone clamoured in.
       With everyone in the van, it took off down the road. A lot of excited chatter and drunk slurring could be heard throughout the van. Scarlett ended up in the back middle of the van between Amelia and Thomas. In front of her sat Daniel, Max and Pierre who were busy laughing about something particularly funny.
       When back at the hotel Scarlett, Thomas and Daniel were walking down the hallway to their rooms.
       "Well, I'll leave you two,"  Thomas said looking between Daniel and Scarlett, he raised his eyebrows at Scarlett as he slipped into their hotel room.
       Scarlett laughed awkwardly and stumbled back. Daniel managed to catch her hand and steady her. "Thanks" She smiled.
       "Not a problem at all Miss Fisher," He said with his signature smile. His hand lingered on hers, causing her face to flush.
       "Well, it's been a great week!" Scarlett said quickly placing her hand on the door and turning the handle.
       "Wait, Scarlett" Daniel said placing his hand on her forearm.
       "What's up?" She asked casually, looking down at his hand.
       "One last trip to the roof?" He asked raising one of his eyebrows.
        Scarlett smiled "Definitely, wait!" She said opening the door to her hotel room. She left the hallway and rummaged around and came back holding a bottle of champagne victoriously above her head. "One last bottle," She said.
       Daniel grinned "Well at least our trip to the liquor store was not in vain"  he winked and took her hand and led her back to the elevator.
       They emerged on the rooftop and sat down near the edge of the rooftop looking over the harbour. Daniel instinctively popped the bottle of champagne and handed it to Scarlett who took a sip from the bottle. She laughed as some of the bubbles slipped out of the corner of her mouth. Daniel wiped them away and took a drink as well.
       He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and Scarlett leaned in and nestled her head in the crook of his neck. They continued to drink the bottle of champagne until Scarlett took the last sip, sat up and frowned playfully which caused Daniel to laugh.
       Scarlett's eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips then back up to his eyes. She raised her eyebrows. "How about some coffee?" her eyes sparkling.
       "Are you sure?" He said placing his hand on her knee.
       "I haven't been more sure of anything before." Scarlett bit her lip took his hand and guided him back down to his hotel room door.
Daniel slipped his key in the door, opened up the door and led her in. Scarlett couldn't resist anymore and pulled him in for a kiss. Feeling his body against hers was exhilarating. Scarlett knew she had to enjoy this night before her flight home tomorrow. She deepened the kiss moving Daniel closer to the bed. She tore off his tuxedo jacket and started undoing the buttons of his shirt. Once Daniel was shirtless, Scarlett playfully pushed him so he fell back on the bed. She stepped back to admire the view. Slowly she stepped out of her heels and walked over to the bed.
       Daniel quickly pulled her down onto the bed, and swiftly rolled her over, so he was on top of her. "I do like to be in the driver's seat," he said with a wink as he slowly started kissing her and moved lower down her body. He slowly pulled off her dress and looked her up and down, he smiled widely and began to kiss her again, this time with a little more ferocity. Scarlett took notice and sank into the bed, not believing this was her real life.
        Scarlett slowly woke up from a deep sleep. She sat up and looked around, she smiled to herself when she realized she wasn't in her own room. Then the memories of her night with Daniel came flooding back. She smiled to herself and looked at him peacefully sleeping. Then she noticed the clock beside him. 7:30 am.
       "Shit," she said out loud. She slid out of bed, quickly retrieving her undergarments and dress off the floor and hastily putting them on. She managed to find her clutch and fished out her red lipstick from the bottom of it. Quickly she wrote on the entryway mirror. "Thanks for an amazing time" She drew a big heart and signed it Miss. Fisher. She then snuck out of the hotel room without making a noise.
       She managed to get into her hotel room, where Thomas groggily woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Woah, what is going on?" he said sitting up.
        "I'm late for my flight, Liam is probably waiting in the rental car honking the horn right now. We were supposed to leave 30 minutes ago." She said while furiously packing the last parts of her bags.
        "Oh snap girl, you are never late for things, what happened last night?" He asked as he watched her run around the room, stuffing things into her suitcase, still in her sparkly bridesmaid dress.
       Scarlett looked at him and smiled "Stuff happened" she said slyly as she could as she rushed around. She zipped up her suitcase, grabbed her jean jacket and slipped it on, threw her backpack over her shoulder and rushed out the door. Scarlett quickly turned back around and ran back through the door. She tackled Thomas on the bed. She gave him a big hug. "I wish we were flying home together," She said. "I will miss you, hope to see you this summer at the lake" She shouted over her shoulder as she ran out of the room for the second time.
        "I'll see you there" She could hear Thomas yell back to her.
         Through the lobby doors, she could see Liam pacing outside the rental car. He locked eyes with her and stopped in his tracks. He looked down at her dress and shook his head. "Partied too hard last night?" Liam chuckled motioning to her dress.
        "Uh" Scarlett paused "Exactly," She said, deciding to not tell him about the actual events of her night. She tossed her bags into the trunk and got into the passenger seat. Liam sped off towards the airport.
        Liam also lived in Montreal, but Scarlett never saw him due to him travelling around the world with work. "So how long are you back in Montreal before your next work trip?" Scarlett asked as they boarded their flight to Montreal.
       "I have about 5 days before my next flight" He laughed.
       "Oh man, no downtime for you. I have a whole seven days before I'm back to work" She laughed.
        "Well we should grab dinner one night this week," He said as put his suitcase into the overhead compartment.
        Scarlett took a minute to answer "Sure" She smiled at the friendly face, she knew she would probably be pretty sad not seeing Daniel the next couple of days, so having a friend around wouldn't be the worst-case scenario.
         Liam sat down next to her "Sounds like a date" he winked.
         Scarlett laughed and shook her head. She pulled out her phone to send a goodbye text to Thomas.
        "Oh, can I borrow your phone quickly? Mine didn't charge last night" Liam asked.
       Scarlett sent the text and then handed him the phone. She quickly fell asleep and slumped over to rest on Liam's shoulder.