Chapter 25

AN: apologies for the absence! Story is almost finished. Look out for even more chapters coming your way! Let me know what you think! 🥰

Scarlett woke up early the following morning, her mind was buzzing already because it was Media Day. Now that she had been a part of one Media day, she knew a little more of what to expect.

She quickly got dressed into a pair of wide-leg trousers and a simple light blue silk blouse. She grabbed her brown leather messenger bag, and her paddock ID and headed out the door.

She walked through the chaos-filled lobby filled with various team members from many different F1 teams. She got to the street and hailed a cab. Hopped in and was off to the paddock.

The paddock was even busier than it was in Montreal. Scarlett took a deep breath as she squirmed her way through the mass of photographers at the entrance to the paddock. She laughed to herself as she realized that the paddock being busy was a good thing for her, less chance of them making a big deal about the 'Monaco Girl'. She slipped through the turnstiles and made her way to the media area.

On her way down the main area, she noticed a coffee cart. She thought it might be a good idea to be caffeinated before the panel interviews started. She ordered a cappuccino and then stepped to the side to wait for her order.

"Hey," Max said as he approached her exiting the Red Bull motorhome.

Scarlett waved and grabbed her coffee from the barista and wandered over to him. Max sat down at a picnic bench and motioned for her to join him.

She sat down with him and took a sip of her coffee.

"So I have been doing some thinking," Max explained.

Scarlett's eyebrows raised in surprise "You" she paused for dramatic effect. "Did some thinking?" She said mockingly.

"Hey now" he laughed "Well this next part is going to sound super conceded so I need you to hear me out," he said.

"Uh, okay" Scarlett responded hesitantly.

"I have been struggling to have a reporter write an article about me that doesn't make me come across as...." he trailed off thinking of the right word to use.

"Full of yourself?" Scarlett attempted to finish his sentence.

Max laughed. "Ya I guess that's the word, would you be willing to try to do my character justice?" he asked.

"I can only report the truth" Scarlett winked and smiled.

"Fair enough, I'll get our press officer to chat with you about the details, and clear everything with your boss, just to make sure everything is in the clear," He said.

"I'm honoured to have been asked" Scarlett smiled. "When did you want the article to be released? Just so I know what the timeline is?" Scarlett asked, "As I only have a four-race weekend contract." She added quickly.

"Right, my team was hoping for it to be released at the start of the summer break, which makes for perfect timing I guess." he nodded reassuringly.

He reached out his hand, and Scarlett shook it firmly. "Very official" She laughed.

He laughed and walked away back to the Red Bull motorhome.

Scarlett took in what was just asked of her. This was a huge opportunity and had very big implications if it didn't go the way she intended. If there was another misinterpretation of her article like the first one she wrote. She could be in trouble.

After her coffee was finished she headed towards the media tent.

She took a spot in the media room on the edge of a middle row, just in case she needed to make a quick exit. She never knew what would be talked about during these anymore. All topics were fair game.