Chapter 17

Authors Note: Enjoy! I hope you love this chapter as much as I do 💛

       With her head pounding, Scarlett woke up to the sound of her alarm and the sound of Liam snoring beside her. She laughed at the sight of him wrapped in her duvet, he had been so kind and patient with her during the time after the wedding.
       She leaned down and shook his shoulder. "Morning, I hate to kick you out, but I have to get to work" She said.
      Liam grunted and rolled to his back. He nodded sleepily, "Okay, but I do have one question" he said slowly opening his eyes. He sat up "We have been spending a lot of time together. This is like the tenth one-night thing we have done these past two months, does it mean we are dating?" He asked hopeful.
        Scarlett blushed, she did appreciate the fact he wanted to date her, but she still felt like she still needed time to get over Daniel. "I don't know Liam, you do travel a lot for work. Can we keep it casual for now?" She suggested.
      "Totally understand, but I'm ready for a relationship, I can wait for you" He smiled standing up, exposing his broad shoulders and muscular body, making Scarlett's cheek flush. "I can give you a ride to work, I'll go make some breakfast while you get ready" He smiled as he threw on his boxers and his white t-shirt.
       "That would be amazing, I'd rather not have to walk today, this hangover is killing me" She put her hand on her forehead and rubbed it.
Liam left to the kitchen, Scarlett ran to her closet to get ready for the school day.
       After a quick breakfast, they left for her work. Liam pulled up to the front doors of the old brick and vine covered building. "This is my stop" Scarlett laughed, as she got out and grabbed her work bag from the back seat. She leaned back down to the passenger side window. "Thanks again for the ride". She smiled.
       "For both of them?" He said cheekily asked.
       "Liam" She shouted in disbelief as she spun back around to look at him. He was laughing so hard that he coudln't breathe. She shook her head and walked towards the doors. She heard a car pull up behind her, but then a Liams car door slammed closed, a couple footsteps and he took her hand and turned her and hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.
       "Sorry, I couldn't help myself, plus no kids are here right now, so you're safe" he winked.
        Scarlett smiled, "Thanks for apologizing, now go, I have to go get myself ready for the day."
Liam ran back to his car, and Scarlett noticed a redbull van waiting behind his car. "Weird" she muttered to herself as she walked into the school.
        "Hi Judy" she waved to the receptionist "There is an a redbull van outside by the way" She said over her shoulder as she made her way down to her classroom, which was the furthest thing away from everything in the school. But the best part of that classroom was that she never had any distractions during her classes.
        Later that morning, Scarlett was sitting at her desk in the back of her classroom, looking over her lesson plans and grading some classwork. She took a sip of her coffee she made in the staffroom. .
         A beep sounded over the speaker mounted at the front of her classroom. "Hey staff, It is Mr. Garnier. There has been a change of plans and there is a surprise assembly in the auditorium this morning."
         Scarlett sighed, a change of plans is always difficult to manage, so she made her way to the whiteboard to change the schedule of the day.
       Mr. Dupont knocked at her classroom door. Scarlett waved him in. Mr. Dupont taught in the classroom next door and they had taught together for 5 years. They were super close and his wife was the sweetest.
         "Hey, what was that all about?" Scarlett asked pointing to the PA speaker above her.
         "Oh, There is a big F1 motor race in town this weekend. One of the teams is coming to talk to the students about it." He said.
        "Oddly enough, I have no idea what the sport is" Scarlett laughed.
        "There are more sports than just hockey Miss Fisher" he laughed.    
         "True, So what team is coming?" She asked.
        "Redbull apparently" Mr. Dupont responded.
        "Cool, I'm going to pretend like I know what that is, but that explains the van outside, I thought they were trying to promote the drinks at our school." She laughed again.
       The bell rang and Mr. Dupont headed back to his classroom. Scarlett let her students in through her outside door. There was an excited buzz as the students piled into the classroom.