Chapter 9

A/N: thank you for all the support and thanks for waiting so long for an update! Please vote and comment. It lets me know that people are wanting the next chapter 💛

Scarlett had to admit that she was excited about this part of the festivities the most. It felt super foreign to walk up to a gorgeous white yacht.
She led the wedding party to the boat and shook hands with the captain.
"Hello, we are all here," Scarlett said excitedly as she gestured to the group behind her.
"Great to have you on board with us for today and tomorrow" He smiled "My name is Captain Gary, and our interior crew will show you around and get you all settled into your rooms." He continued leading Scarlett onto the massive boat.
The doors opened to the main salon and the staff handed each person a glass of champagne. As Scarlett looked around the sleek interior of the boat she let out a "Wow" under her breath.
Liam walked up beside her "Nicely done Fisher," He grinned down at her and patted her on the back. His hand remained on her back and he slid it down to her lower back and led her to follow the group for the tour. She smiled at him and then she noticed Daniel looking in their direction. He looked away as soon as Scarlett caught his eye.
Scarlett moved Liam's hand away and she hooked her arm in Thomas's arm as the tour continued. They were being shown around the top deck of the yacht when two females were waving from the dock. Scarlett squinted her eyes to see who it was.
"Kelly! Charlotte!" Charles yelled and waved.
Scarlett went down to the bottom deck with Max and Charles to welcome the ladies on the boat.
Max gave Kelly and Charlotte a hug and then looked at Scarlett. "This is Scarlett, Mia's Maid of Honour, she is the one who has done the majority of the planning of this trip," He said smiling at her.
"So you are the one who tackled Daniel?" Kelly said with a sly smile on her face.
Scarlett laughed "That I am," she said as she extended her hand to Kelly.
Kelly shook her hand "Max couldn't get through that story without laughing" She said as she walked past Scarlett to join the others.
"You must be Charlotte," Scarlett said turning her attention to Charles and Charlotte. "Pleasure to meet you." She smiled.
"Thank you for inviting me for the is part of the trip," Charlotte said gratefully.
"Not a problem at all, glad to have you here" Scarlett smiled and the three of them joined the rest of the group on the top deck.
After a few celebratory drinks on the top deck, the Yacht was on its way out of the harbour. The crew instructed them that there would be water toys and a slide set up once they were anchored. So the group decided it was time to get into their swim gear.
"The Men can go get ready, but ladies and Thomas if you don't mind staying behind, I do have a surprise, I have to go get it but stay here," Scarlett said as she ran down to where they left their bags. She scurried back to the top deck with a small duffle bag in hand. "Since we are here to celebrate Mia, I have some swimsuits for us. I made them and thankfully made extras. They are corny and I have silly captain hats to match. I think it would be fun, but totally understand if you don't want to wear them."
Scarlett riffled through the bag and first pulled out a white one-piece swimsuit that read "Nauti Bride" in a script font.
Mia squealed and grabbed the swimsuit and a captain hat. "OMG these are so amazingly corny, I love them Scar," she said as she swept Scarlett into a hug.
Scarlett smiled and then looked at the other ladies, "So here is how it will work, I'll pull out the other black one-pieces and if you like the phrase on it, you can take it and go get ready for some fun in the sun" She smiled. The girls nodded and waited in anticipation for their swimsuits. The first one Scarlett pulled out was "Bae Watch".
Amelia immediately stood up and took it and the hat without a word, then went to go get ready.
Anna took the tame "Girls just want to have Sun" swimsuit. Jane snatched the "Mermaid off Duty" suit just as Scarlett had predicted because she was obsessed with mermaids as a kid and was convinced there was one in the lake at their cabin. That left Kelly and Charlotte, Scarlett didn't know their sense of humour or if they were okay with the suits.
Scarlett looked at Kelly and Charlotte. "You two don't need to do this with us if you don't feel like it. It is kind of lame" She said.
"Don't be silly this is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time" Charlotte said.
"I'm looking forward to seeing what's left in there" Kelly laughed.
Scarlett smiled and held up the next one. "All you need is Vitamin Sea" was the next one out of the bag. Charlotte stepped forward and took it. "This is just too cute" she smiled as she grabbed a captain's hat.
"Beach don't kill my vibe" was the next one, Kelly smiled "this one is perfect," she said as she walked over to Scarlett to get the suit and hat.
Thomas laughed as Scarlett pulled out a pair of swim trunks on them that read "Resting Beach Face" on them. "These are perfect he said as he grabbed them.
Scarlett took the last swimsuit out of the bag and looked at her saying which read "Shipfaced" and she laughed as she and Thomas headed down to get changed.
The girls waited for each other to get their swim suits on then went up to the top deck to show off their outfits. The group ascended the stairs to a roar of laughter, cheers and applause from the guys.
"Do you guys mind taking a photo?" Thomas asked throwing his cell phone at Pierre. "I assume you would be the best at taking an Instagram photo" Thomas laughed and winked at Pierre.
Pierre smiled and winked back "You would be correct" he laughed.
After Pierre was finished taking multiple photos and giving directions from behind Thomas's cell phone, the group dispersed around the boat. Some went into the water, some stayed on the top deck and others went down to the main deck to lounge in the sun at the front of the boat.
Scarlett used this time to touch base with the crew to make sure that Mia's favourite drink would be served during the day and that room arrangement were sorted. She handed over a list to the stewardess.
Room Arrangements
Mia & Kyle - Mastersuite
Liam & Thomas
Anna & Jane
Max & Kelly
Pierre & Daniel
Charles & Charlotte
Amelia & Scarlett
Scarlett rejoined the group who had made their way to the front of the boat. Charles, Charlotte, Pierre and Daniel were lounging on a rounded padded area that stretched the whole front of the boat.
"You guys look comfortable," Scarlett said as she approached the group with a tray of Margaritas in hand. "Care for a drink?" She asked.
"Please," Charlotte said as she took two glasses and passed one to Charles.
Pierre took one, leaving Scarlett with two on the tray. She placed it down and took the two glasses in her hands and sat down next to Daniel. He didn't look at her when she sat down.
"Margarita?" Scarlett asked again as she held it out to him. He looked at her nodded and took it. Then went back to looking out at the horizon. "Oh," Scarlett said standing up with her drink. She turned around to leave as she could tell there was something up with Daniel, and she didn't want to push her luck or push him away by being too needy.
She left the front of the boat with a pit in her stomach. There was an eerie silence from where she left. As she was walking up to the top deck, a crew member approached her.
"Would your group be interested in trying out the rope swing?" He asked.
Scarlett thought for a moment and smiled. "Definitely," She said as she followed the crew member to the top deck. As they passed Thomas, Scarlett grabbed his hand and dragged him with her.
At the back of the boat, the crew member unhooked the rope and held it out and started to give instructions "So, you will swing down the side of the boat and let go when you get close to the front, you'll land in the water, then swim back to back entry platform" He smiled handed the rope to Scarlett.
By this time Liam, Amelia, Mia and Kyle had joined Thomas and Scarlett. "You go girl" Mia yelled and she turned to her brother. "You need to get this on video" She squealed. Liam obliged and pulled out his phone and hit record.
Scarlett smiled at the camera, took a couple of steps back then ran forward and leaped off the boat holding onto the rope. The rope curved around swinging wide then Scarlett saw the tip of the boat and noticed the group down on the lower deck cheer. She cheered back and let go plunging down into the mediterranean sea.
When she emerged back to the surface, Scarlett heard a voice call her name, then a big splash of water hit her. There it was, that darn smile had come to the surface before the rest of Daniel. Scarlett was shocked, because of the cold shoulder she had gotten moments before.
"Hey" Daniel grinned, while treading water and smiling at Scarlett.
"Hi," Scarlett said with a small smile playing on her lips.
"Didn't take you as the daredevil type?" He said with a chuckle.
"There is a lot you don't know about me" She winked.
"I could say the same thing" He winked back.
"I do know that I did get the cold shoulder from you earlier," Scarlett said, to her surprise. She usually wouldn't have called out someone's actions like that.
"I'm glad I have friends who call me out on that" He smiled looking up and gesturing to Charles, Charlotte and Pierre waving at them from the front of the Yacht. "Can I take you up on that Margarita?" He asked.
"Are you sure you can handle drinking Margaritas with me?" She asked with a flirtatious tone.
Daniel splashed Scarlett playfully. "I think I can handle it" He winked.
Thomas was waiting for Scarlett at the back platform with a towel. "Thanks," She said smiling at Thomas.
"I didn't realize there was a need for a second towel" Thomas laughed as Daniel got out of the water. Scarlett could tell he was distracted by the water that was dripping down Daniel's chest.
Scarlett nudged Thomas to snap him out of his trance. "We are going to get a Margarita." She said to Thomas.
"Oh, you aren't going to be drinking Tequila today, I should go warn everyone." Thomas laughed.
"Is there something I should know?" Daniel asked stepping forward and stealing the towel from Scarlett.
"Nothing," Scarlett said quickly and gave Thomas a death glare.
"Oh you will probably find out soon enough," Thomas said with a laugh as he walked away.
A crew member was just making a second batch of Margaritas on the main deck when Scarlett and Daniel had gotten back up. They both took a glass and clinked their glasses together. Daniel winked, causing Scarlett to blush.
The rest of the day before dinner she spent with Daniel. They were lounging with Pierre, Charles, Max, Kelly and Charlotte.
Scarlett felt comfortable in the group's presence, yet somehow felt like she was missing some information. She didn't want to start overthinking things now so she continued to drink Margaritas with Daniel.
By the time dinner rolled around Scarlett was 7 margaritas deep. "Woah," Scarlett said as she stood up with a wobble.