Chapter 10

Authors note: please comment and or vote. Thanks 😊 New Chapter will be up soon!!

Scarlett woke to a sudden shaking of her shoulder. She quickly sat up and looked around to gather herself. She was under a blanket on the bow of the ship still in her yellow dress. Daniel's arms were wrapped around her and he was still asleep. The sky was still dark, and the stars and the moon were still out.

Then she looked behind her to see Liam behind them with his arms crossed. Scarlett quickly elbowed Daniel and shot straight up.

Daniel turned to face Liam. "Hey" He said, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "What's up?" He asked as he stretched his arms above his head.

The casual tone in his voice made Scarlett snicker quietly. That made Liam turn to give her a stern look. "Did you need something?" She asked.

"Amelia was worried sick about you," Liam said. She woke up in the middle of the night and you weren't in your room.

"Oh wow" Daniel said suddenly. "I bet you two really had to come find Scarlett then" He said with a serious tone. He raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes.

"I think it's time for you guys to get to bed" Liam said, straightening up and slightly puffing out his chest.

"Really? You're going to tell me what to do?" Scarlett said as she stood up. "I'm 28 Liam. I don't need to be babysat, you remember I'm a teacher right, I usually tell people what to do?" Scarlett said as she pressed her finger into Liam's chest and with a proud smirk on her face. She was proud to stand up for herself and not let Liam ruin her night.

Liam stepped back and raised his hands in surrender. "Do what you want, just don't come to me when you get hurt" He shot a look at Daniel and walked away.

"What is his problem?" Scarlett said exasperated as she sunk back down beside Daniel.

"You know what his problem is," Daniel said, wrapping his arm back around Scarlett's shoulder. "He clearly likes you, and is jealous." He said plainly.

Scarlett snapped her head to look at Daniel. "He's like my big brother, I have said this to him over and over, I did like him in middle school, but what girl doesn't have a crush on their friend's brother at that age." She sighed. "But now seeing the way he is acting, is really making me not like him." She said resting her head on Daniels shoulder. She turned to look at Daniel, "Wait how did we end up here?" she asked,
realizing that she didn't remember falling asleep.

"You had a lot of Margaritas, you were dancing up a storm on the top deck, you were the real life of the party. Then you wandered down and I found you asleep out here." He explained sweetly. "I grabbed a blanket to cover you up, but you pulled me down to the couch, and laid on my lap, so I had to stay" He chuckled.

"You are too sweet," she laughed. "Sorry about that, I know it probably wasn't comfortable sleeping out here, maybe we should go to bed" She added, not really convinced of the idea of leaving the bow of the ship.

"Well we might miss the sunset if we go inside now" Daniel said with a wink.

Scarlett thought about it for a second. She surrendered and sat back down into Daniels warm embrace.

The butterflies in Scarlett's stomach were out of control, being this close to Daniel, the way he treated her made her feel special. Her eyes locked on Daniel's, she smiled and looked down at his lips.

"About that coffee, would you like some more?" He asked with a grin.

"It's pretty good coffee" Scarlett winked.
Daniel leaned in and kissed her lips, his lips moved down her jawbone to her neck. Which caused Scarlett's lips to part with a moan. He kissed her collarbone then returned to her lips. The way he kissed her was took her breathe away. It was soft and tender yet commanding.