Chapter 7

Authors Note: A longer chapter this time, I would love to know your thoughts on the story. Please vote/comment 🧡

After brunch, the group headed back into the limo. They drove out of town to an open field.

Mia let out a gasp as she saw three sleek helicopters waiting for them. Liam smiled at her, knowing that Mia always wanted to fly in a helicopter.

Liam got out of the limo first and shook hands with one of the pilots. The rest of the group exited the limo and waited for Liam to return to them. Once he got back to the group, he pulled out his phone and started to delegate who was going into each helicopter.

"Alright, the first helicopter is Charles, Pierre, Anna and Jane" Liam stated pointing to one of the pilots. The four of them nodded and headed off.

"Second one is Max, Daniel, Thomas, and Amelia," He said and everyone called out nodded and started moving, except for Amelia who was still standing beside Scarlett. 

"Then that leaves us," He said to Kyle, Mia and Scarlett. As he led the final group towards their helicopter.

Scarlett turned towards Amelia "Hey are you okay?" She whispered to her.

Amelia looked at Scarlett, she was white in the face. "I hate heights," She said quietly then looked down to avoid eye contact.

Scarlett was taken aback because she had never seen Amelia look so scared. She looked to Liam, "Would being with Liam and Mia help you?" Scarlett asked.

Amelia nodded, "Yes," She said shakily.

"One second," Scarlett said as she ran over to Liam who was waiting outside that helicopter. "Liam, Amelia is so nervous, she is scared of heights, she would like to be with you and Mia so she isn't scared."  She said quickly.

"This is just a ploy to switch groups, isn't it, so you can be with your boyfriend" he snapped.

"Excuse me?" Scarlett said shocked.  "Is that what you think?" She asked.

"I do, you have been all over him since you met him," he said with growing frustration in his voice. 

"Liam, this has nothing to do with this, and I'm not going into this now, I am here for your sister, not to be distracted by some guy, look at Amelia," She said pointing over her shoulder. Amelia had her arms crossed and was looking down at the ground. "I can't believe that's what you think of me, I'm just helping someone out." Scarlett turned on her heels and jogged back through the long grass. "Come with me" She held out her hand to Amelia, "Everything will be okay, trust me, Amelia," She said leading her to Liam and Mia's helicopter. "I'll see you when we land," She said placing her hand on Amelia's back with a reassuring pat. She didn't bother to look at Liam, she turned on the spot and ran over to the middle helicopter.

She entered the Helicopter and was greeted by confused looks. "You're not Amelia" Max laughed, and somehow that flat-brimmed hat was back on his head.

"I am not" Scarlett laughed taking the vacant spot beside Thomas and across from Daniel. Who smiled in greeting. "But I do have a question for you Max, do you ever not wear that Redbull hat?" She asked him laughing.

"I guess not," He said with a chuckle.

The helicopter started up and the group popped on their headsets. The whirl of the blades above them started and crescendoed to a roar.

The moment they were in the air a smile grew on Scarlett's face, and she was glued to the window on her right side. The ground was getting further and further away and the hills surrounding Monaco were getting smaller. The helicopter swooped down and followed the coastline of jagged rocks and cliffs.