Chapter 13

Scarlett swatted the air in front of her as the multiple hair stylists were spraying hairspray all over her hair. She looked around the room, there were a lot of people in the small room at the Wedding venue. All the staff was buzzing around, touching up makeup, and hair and adjusting dresses. There was only half an hour before the wedding, the nerves started to hit her, she only had to do a speech. Her friend on the other hand was committing her life to her Fiance in front of a large crowd, in Monaco of all places. What Scarlett wouldn't give to go back and tell Middle school Mia that this was her future, their past selves would never have believed it.
       Scarlett turned her attention to the mirror and saw her half-updo hairstyle, her blonde hair curled then some pinned back, looking effortlessly messy yet elegant. She smiled at her reflection, then turned to Mia who was in the makeup chair.
       "Getting nervous?" Scarlett asked playfully.
        "Actually, Ya," Mia said quickly.
       "Nervous about what?" Scarlett asked quietly leaning closer to her friend.
       "Just all the attention, I'm excited to marry Kyle, the number of people that will be at the wedding, is nervewracking. I don't know a majority of them, so it will a little scary for me." She said looking at Scarlett through the side of her eyes, so as to not move and mess up her makeup application.
        "Makes sense, should I be worried about having to make my speech then?" Scarlett snickered. "I may just need to have a couple of margaritas before it" she added with a wink as she stood up to get her dress on.
        Anna, Jane and Amelia had already got their dresses on, They each wore a floor-length champagne satin dress, with spaghetti straps. Thomas wore a champagne-coloured tux jacket with black tuxedo pants. Scarlett's dress was mostly the same, just with one exception, hers was champagne sequined. Mia was very adamant that Scarlett was to have a different dress, it was something they always talked about as little girls, and Mia was so excited to be able to have that dream a reality.
        Everyone was ready to go and dressed, the last part was getting Mia into her wedding dress. One of the photographers was there getting photos of them getting ready. Mia stepped out of the other room in her dress to show her bridal party. Everyone gushed over the delicate lace and the amazing way it fit mia. It was a gorgeous mermaid-style dress with long sleeves that fell off the shoulder. It was a gorgeous dress that fit her personality and the wedding venue perfectly.
        "You look stunning Mia," Scarlett said hugging her best friend, she stepped back taking Mia's two hands in hers. She squeezed them, "I'm so happy for you," Scarlett said tears forming in the corners of her eyes.
       Mia started to well up as well, she just hugged Scarlett once more. Then she looked out the window. Rows of Limousines lined the long treelined driveway. Mia took a sharp inhale.
Scarlett could tell her best friend was getting nervous. She quickly pulled a flask out of her maid of honour prep bag that she had packed months before, knowing exactly what Mia may need throughout the day. "Here, drink this" Scarlett said as she thrust the flask at Mia.
        The bride gave her a confused look before taking a sip. "Ahh Tequila, I should have known" Mia giggled quietly. As Scarlett grabbed a mint out of her bag and handed it to Mia. "So we should call that your Mary Poppins bag then?" Mia laughed pointing at Scarlett's old lime green lululemon bag that she has had since middle school. Mia smiled fondly at the bag. "That thing has seen many things." She laughed.
       Scarlett laughed "Definitely," She said, then was interrupted by Louise who had quietly entered the room and tapped Mia on the shoulder.
       "It's time to get ready to get married" Louise announced to the room.
         There were a bunch of excited squeals around the room as the bridal party grabbed their gorgeous and full bouquets and headed to wait at the top of the stairs. Scarlett looked down the stairs and saw Jacques waiting to signal to Louise that they were ready downstairs. She then turned to look out the window to see the boys all lined up. But the curtains were drawn closed, Scarlett figured that was to keep Kyle from seeing Mia in her dress before her grand entrance.
       The rest of the bridal party had descended the stairs. Scarlett turned and smiled at her best friend and took her turn down the stairs. She stood at the doorway to the patio where the once-empty seats were filled with people expectantly looking at Scarlett. There were a lot of people, Scarlett felt nervous as she took her first step down the aisle. She was looking and smiling at the wedding guests, trying to keep herself calm. Her eyes caught Daniels at the front, and as soon as her eyes locked on his she instantly felt calmer. She smiled at Daniel who grinned the biggest smile she had seen from him. Her heart had slowed but now the smile was causing her to get flustered again. She looked away for a second, noticed the large crowd again, then looked back at Daniel to calm herself. She took her place at the front, next to the altar.
        The music stopped and everyone stood. A string quartet started playing and Mia made her appearance at the doorway. Her dad stepped out and linked her arm to his. Scarlett looked at Kyle to see his reaction, he was standing tall but tears were forming in his eyes. Causing her to tear up as well. She turned to look at her best friend coming down the aisle, but she noticed Daniel staring at her. He winked playfully and looked away.
        Scarlett's heart fluttered. The ceremony was wonderfully sweet and sentimental. Scarlett had a couple of tears stream down her cheeks during the ceremony. She tried her best to wipe them but it was a difficult task because she was holding Mia's Boquet and hers as well. The ceremony ended and the wedding party exited down the aisle just as practice, except for the cheek kiss Liam added as they met up in the middle.           Causing Mia's mom to clasp her hands to her chest and give an adoring look at the pair.
Scarlett smiled back at Mia's mom Trudy and then sighed internally, Trudy had always loved the idea of Scarlett and Liam. They got to the end of the aisle and lined up in the foyer of the Villa.       As Daniel passed her to line up he smiled and quickly kissed her on the cheek as well and laughed quietly as he stood in line. 
        The Bride and Groom and their wedding party were lined up to create a receiving line and welcome all the guests out to the garden where cocktail hour and the reception would take place.
It was a lot of shaking hands and introducing themselves to guests, but there were quite a lot of people that the males in the wedding party knew.
        In particular, two shorter men came up, one whose name was Yuki and the other Lando. Scarlett noted that Pierre and Yuki had hugged, and Daniel and Lando hugged. Daniel rubbed the top of his head, messing up his hair and patted him on his back to scoot him along.
        That wasn't the biggest shock of the guest list for Scarlett. Ginger spice came down the line behind one of the men who was giving warm handshakes to the men. Scarlett's eyes went wide, she leaned back in the line as Ginger Spice was approaching. "Psssst. Mia" She said in a hushed tone while motioning with her eyes to the spice girl. Mia's eyes went wide. She mouthed OMG to Scarlett. They both stood up straight. She could see Mia whisper to her now husband.
       Scarlett shook Ginger Spices' hand "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Scarlett" She smiled and tried her best to not sound nervous.
       "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Geri" She smiled in return
       "Oh I know," Scarlett said then slapped her hand over her own mouth and blushed.
       Geri Laughed and smiled wide at Scarlett and continued down the line.
        Scarlett shook off the embarrassment as the wedding party shook the last couple of guests' hands. Then the photographers started to set them up for some group pictures on the stairway. These were the most formal ones, which meant that they had to be directed for every shot. The group listened to the photographers but as they were getting finished with the many photos inside. Mainly the boys stopped listening well.
        The photographer was laughing. "So now that we are finished inside, we will do group photos in the gardens. These will be less formal, I just want you guys to have fun and I'll capture the candid photos." He said as he opened a side door for the wedding party. Scarlett quickly grabbed her Mary Poppins bag from the top of the stairs before heading down and out the door to follow everybody else.
        She placed her bag down on a garden bench and pulled out a couple more flasks and handed them out to anyone who wanted them. The group passed around the flasks of tequila and the energy ramped up. The pictures were a great time in the garden. Lots of good pictures of the group having a great time together. Scarlett even earned the nickname "Tequila girl". The wedding party headed back to the Villa to wait for the Bride and Groom to finish some solo pictures.          They were hanging out on the now-empty balcony where the ceremony had been.
Scarlett was chatting with the girls near the door when Daniel tapped her on the shoulder.
       "May I borrow her for a bit?" He asked the other bridesmaids.
       "Definitely" Amelia smiled at Scarlett "Have fun you two," Amelia said as he took Scarlett's hand and led her to the edge of the balcony.
        "What's up?" Scarlett asked as she looked up at Daniel.
        "I just needed to talk to you," He said, something in his voice made Scarlett think he was nervous.
       " What about?" Scarlett asked hesitantly, concerned about what could be coming her way. Was it that he thought their date was a mistake, that he was letting her down easy.
       "Uh," Daniel stuttered and looked away. "This is hard to do..." He trailed off. He took a breath and took her hands in his. "Scarlett," He said looking at her intently. "There is something I need to tell-" He was cut off.
        "ALRIGHT" Louise shouted as she stepped out to the balcony. "It is the time!" she said loudly as she clapped her hands together. "The bride and groom are back and it's time for your entrance to the reception!" 
       Scarlett looked at Daniel. "What is it?" She said quickly.
         "We should talk later," He said quickly and walked away past Liam as he walked over to Scarlett. 
         "Shall we?" Liam asked as he extended his arm.
Scarlett looked at him blankly before looking back at Daniel who was lined up with Amelia. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and smiled and nodded at Liam who wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked over to the line. Daniel turned and looked at her as she walked with Liam. He didn't smile at her he just looked away. Scarlett's head was spinning.  She was convinced he was going to be telling her that they were a mistake.