Chapter 2

The man's eyes were still locked on Scarletts.

"I'm so sorry!" Scarlett said immediately. Her eyes pleading for forgiveness.

The man with the flat brimmed hat looked at Scarlett and started howling with laughter.

Kyle and Mia looked at each other, they had no clue what had happened.

Mia spoke up "Care to fill me in?" She asked.

Kyle laughed, "Now I need to know what happened at the airport, Max care to tell the story?". He asked.

The flat brimmed hat man spoke "So we were heading to get on our flight to Monaco, but this ball of energy" He said pointing to Scarlett. "Came up and nearly tackled Danny boy, she didn't even stop running, she just kept on going" He laughed.

"I think my ego is a little more bruised than anything" said the man she assumed was Danny.

"I'm so sorry!" Scarlett said again. "If I didn't make it to my gate I wouldn't have made it" She said.

"Ah so that explains it, all those years of hockey paid off I guess" Mia said laughing and looked at Scarlett.

"I guess so," she said back to her friend.

"Well I'm glad you guys got to meet, sort of" Kyle laughed.

"Hi, I'm Daniel" The brown haired man stuck his hand out for Scarlett to shake.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett" She said with a smile and reached out and shook his hand "I'm sorry again. I couldn't let down my best friend."

"Totally understand" He smiled back at her. Her stomach leaped into her throat. His smile was stunning. It felt like it lit up the room.

"Can you imagine if my maid of honour didn't make it?" Mia said, shaking her head. "The horror," she said dramatically, placing the back of her hand on her forehead and tilting her head back

Max and Daniel smiled and hugged her. "Great to see you two," She said. "How is Kelly?" She asked Max.

"She is doing well, she will make it for the wedding" He said with a smile.

The group of them headed out to the parking lot and loaded the suitcases into the back of the large SUV Kyle had. Scarlett had met Kyle a couple of times, but because they lived in Europe, Scarlett only saw Mia when she was back home in Canada visiting family. Mia and Scarlett grew up together so Scarlett was considered a second daughter to Mia's family. She was ecstatic to Mia's family at the wedding.

Scarlett knew Kyle worked in Finance, but didn't know him that well to know how well off they were. Mia and Kyle met because Kyle and Liam, Mia's brother, went to university together. Liam was a great guy and like an older brother to Scarlett. Liam brought Kyle to their lake cabin, and that is where the happy couple met. That's when the magic happened. They were destined for each other. Scarlett could tell Mia was extremely happy with Kyle and that is all that mattered. Kyle treated her well and that made Scarlett happy for her best friend.

They made their way to Mia and Kyle's apartment. It was stunning, extremely fancy and Scarlett had to keep her jaw from dropping the entire time during the tour Mia gave her. Everything was modern with clean lines and sleek finishes. The entire place was shiny and glinted with reflections from the sun.

After the tour finished "When does your brother get in?" Scarlett asked Mia.

"He is already here, I think he is stopping by in a bit" Mia said.

"Oh awesome, I'll go check into my room and be back to see him" She smiled.

Mia was staying at a hotel close by, so she decided to walk over and check in. She said her goodbyes and started down the hallway to the elevators. While she was waiting for the elevator to arrive, Daniel and Max left Kyle and Mia's apartment. They waved at her and asked her to hold the elevator. She hit the open door button.