Chapter 11

The following morning after the busy day of primping and preening Scarlett woke up before Thomas, yet again. She looked out the window and it looked as if the sun was about to rise. She scurried out of bed and threw on her sweatshirt and shorts and went upstairs to the roof.

She exited the elevator on the top floor and made her way to the big metal door at the end of the hallway. She pushed it open and climbed the ladder. When she emerged on the rooftop, a smile grew on her face, when she saw Daniel sitting on the roof with two coffee cups.

Scarlett blushed when he turned and smiled at her. She walked over and sat down next to him.

"Morning," He said with a joyous tone.

"Morning" She responded with a twinkle in her eye and as she tried to keep her cheeks from glowing a deeper shade of red.

"So I was thinking" Daniel trailed off.

Scarlett's heart leapt into her throat. "About?" She asked in the best nonchalant tone she could muster.

"I think I should take you on a real date." He said matter of factly and with a smile growing on his face.

Scarlett returned the smile "But how exactly would we have time?" She asked, raising a single eyebrow. "Because tonight is the rehearsal dinner, the wedding is tomorrow, and I go home the day after that." She added.

"Tonight, Mia will need to go to sleep early, come knock on my door after she goes to bed." He said.

"Wait, isn't the guy supposed to pick up the girl?" Scarlett questioned him with a laugh.

"Some situations call for a different arrangement" He winked.

"Well, I am looking forward to it," Scarlett smiled. She tried her best to ignore the thoughts of her leaving Monaco in a couple days, and enjoy the time she had left with Daniel.

The two of them drank their coffee and watched the sunrise. After they finished they wandered down the ladder. Scarlett reached for the heavy metal door, but it wouldn't open. She turned to look at Daniel with a flash of panic in her eyes.

Daniel stepped in front of her and tried to push open the door. But no luck, he tried again, a little more forceful this time. Nothing happened.
They looked at each other with a bit of panic in their eyes. "Do you think we are stuck?" Scarlett said, in a bit of a higher pitch than normal.

"I want to say no, but it looks bad". Daniel said with his brows furrowing. He rammed his shoulder into the door to see if it would budge. It didn't.

Scarlett sighed then patted her shorts pockets. She didn't have her phone. She looked up at Daniel with wide eyes. "I don't have my phone, do you have yours?" she asked desperately.

Daniel looked at her, "I don't" he said as his face fell.

"Oh no, the sun has risen, we probably have an hour and a bit before we need to leave for the wedding venue to set up" She said, as she got more flustered.

Stepping forward Daniel placed a hand on her shoulder, and looked her in the eyes "Breathe, Scarlett. I can tell you are getting a little flustered, we will be okay." He said sincerely. Then took some deep breaths so Scarlett could follow along.

Scarlett calmed down and then sat against the wall opposite of the door. Daniel joined her on the floor. She looked at him sheepishly. "You realize the only reason I came up to the rooftop was a hope that I would see you" She said blushing.

Daniel laughed. "You realize the only reason I was up there in the first place was the chance I would get to spend some time with you" He smiled his signature grin as he nudged her playfully.