Chapter 9

Kay's POV

Not another human...

"Seto? What's going on in here?" asked the new human. I had seen this one before, but I didn't know his name. His blonde hair spiked straight up in the air and his light blue eyes lit up with enthusiasm. "And why are you holding her the opposite way of what you told me?" he inquired.

Seto ignored his questions, "Have you ever heard of knocking, Brice?"

So that was his name. Brice walked up to Seto, his gaze soon landing on me. All this pressure was about to make me crack, there were too many humans around. "What's that?" Brice marveled, eyeing me in curiosity. Usually, I would be offended for someone calling me "that" or "it", but honestly, I was too afraid at that point.

"That's Kay, a hybrid I found. Tyra saved her from that damn cat. Don't mess with her because-"

The blonde human scooped me up before Seto could even finish speaking. I let out a shriek of alarm as the cold, hard surface under me was replaced by a softer one. I curled up in a trembling ball as he raised me to about eye-level.

"Brice!" Seto scolded. "Gentle!"

Brice rolled his eyes and flashed me a grin, "A fox hybrid? How cute!" Holding me in his palm, he petted my ears lightly with his long digit. I felt a little purr coming, but found I couldn't. It was like I forgot how to.

"Where'd she come from? And why is she so tiny and adorable?" Brice questioned. "Can she talk?'

"Y-yes I c-can..." I mumbled.

His blue orbs studied me, like I was the most interesting thing on the planet. Unfortunately, that might be true.

"S-Seto?" Tyra's voice murmured uneasily. "Please... let go... me... "

I peeked over and saw Tyra still clenched in Seto's fist. She was going pale and out of breath.

Seto looked down at Tyra, "Oh, sorry." He lowered his hand and opened it, so she could stand. As soon as she was released, Tyra exploded into a coughing fit, the drained color reappearing on her face.

The human finally realized what he had done, "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have let my temper flare, I could've crushed you," Seto apologized.

"I....its alright," she wheezed. "I kn...know you d...didn't mean to..."

"And you call ME the rough one," Brice scoffed, gently stroking my wounded tail. "I can't believe you actually found a hybrid!"

"Brice, be careful with Kay," Seto warned. "She's really hurt. I know she's cute, but please control yourself."

"Cute?" Me? Cute? No human had ever called me 'cute', they just tortured and experimented on me. Raena said to NEVER trust humans, even if they SEEM nice.

"W-why h-haven't y-you... hurt m-me y-yet?" I questioned.

"Hurt you? Why would we?"

"B-because p-p-people a-always d-d-do..."

"Who would do such a thing to you?"

"A-A-Angel S-S-SilverF-Fang..."