Chapter 18

Kay's POV

Seto carried me back to the destroyed bedroom, Brice trailing behind him. Everything looked about the same since I was taken, books littering the floor, shelves overturned and broken, blood staining the desk, and a dripping pool of blood streaming onto the floor. All except for Tyra's body being in a different position than before. I shuddered, my eyes avoiding the numerous bloodstains, all from me, Tyra or Angel.

I glanced back at Tyra, her tangled, black hair was matted with dry blood and her eyes closed. Tears rolled down my cheeks, "This is all my fault." 

Seto tried to comfort me, rubbing my back with his huge, yet gentle digit. "N-no i-it wasn't, it was th-that d-damn [Is 'damn' a bad word?] ookami Ang-"

"If I was never here, Tyra would be okay. I should've just been killed by Starr, now you guys went through all this trouble." I hopped down from Seto's hand and onto the desk before he could react. Pain stung my left leg when I hit the hard surface, jerking more tears from my eyes. 'I have to help her, I don't care what they say. This is MY fault.'

"Kay! What are you doing?" Seto questioned, watching me drag myself to Tyra. "You're hurting yourself!" He extended a hand to help me, but I refused, "I'm fine, Seto. I'm just trying to help," I replied, finally reaching her.

I touched Tyra's cold, pale skin, trying to figure out if she was breathing, unfortunately she wasn't. Ripping up pieces of my jacket, I placed them over her leaking wounds. "I told you to hide...." I whispered. "But you didn't listen to me..." Tears gushed out my eyes, dampening my badly wounded tail.

Suddenly, a large drop of water dropped on us, drenching me and only splashing a little on Tyra. "Seto!" I complained, looking up at the human disapprovingly. "I-I'm s-sorry..." he quavered, wiping teardrops from his grey eyes. Wait, grey? 'Know what? I'm not even gonna question it anymore.'

My ears perked straight up, detecting a small noise. I turned back to Tyra's body. Then I saw it, her eyelids fluttered open, revealing her dazed, dark blue eyes. "Wha... what happened?" she coughed, rubbing her forehead.

*[Sorry this is so short, the next chapter will be longer I PROMIIIIIIISE!!!!]*