Chapter 11

Tyra's POV

This felt odd. She was calling my friends 'humans', but not me. Was it the fact that I'm shorter than Seto's finger?

"Brice, take care of Kay for a bit. I really need to start working on the antidote. Be careful with her," Seto said.

"Okay!" Brice agreed.

Seto cupped his other hand over me. Forced to sit down, I was completely surrounded by darkness, other than small specks of light. 'Now I'm really gonna get it,' I thought miserably.

Really, it was the opposite. Light flooded back to my vision, Seto holding me to eye-level. Brice and Kay were both gone, we were alone once again.

"Please don't kill me... I'm sorry..." I quavered.

Seto looked taken aback by my plea, "What? No. I'm not mad about that anymore, I'm just glad you're okay." The surface under me moved, bringing me up to his chest. He hugged me, gently curling his fingers around my figure and pressing me just below his neck.

Not normal, but kinda nice. I could clearly hear his heartbeat, the pulsing sound lulling me to sleep. 'No, I can't fall asleep now...'

"Were you lying to Brice about working?" I jested.

"Um, kind of. I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable around them," he answered, fingering my braid. "And Brice would poke fun at us."

Crimson dusted his cheeks as he brought me back up to his face, "You're so adorable," Seto commented, his irises fading from brown to pink.

"You've said that about ten times ever since I shrunk," I smirked. "And I still don't believe you."

"You should."

Brice's POV

Okay, backtrack. I don't really know what came over me, Kay is the CUTEST hybrid I've ever seen. Yep, I've seen quite a few. Living in the Sky Army, all kinds of hybrids usually wanted to join. I had seen an ookami (Angel), quite a few nekos, a usagimimi, and a dragon hybrid (long story), but I've never seen a kitsune until now.

Hybrids are pretty rare, and people have different thoughts about them. Some say they are dangerous creatures, others believe that they should be treated equally along with people. Me? I don't really know. Its kinda sad to see them captured and locked in cells though, and just for being born with awesome animal characteristics? That's just bull$#!+.

I wonder if those idiots would think Kay is dangerous, but she's so innocent. She's about Tyra's height, except a little shorter, just big enough to curl up in my palm, still trembling. "You don't have to be afraid, I'm not gonna hurt you. Well, not intentionally," I smiled weakly.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm just not used to h-humans..." Kay murmured, snuggling into my hand.

I leaned back against the wall and slid down until I sat on the floor, knees upward. I wasn't about to make the same mistake I made handling Tyra. "Are you comfortable? I can put you down if you want..."

"I-I'm fine... I don't really want to be on the floor..." she refused politely.

Everything was silent in the room behind us, which surprised me. If Seto was working on his potion, why couldn't I hear the brewing?

"Its awfully quiet in there..." I mumbled.

"Do you think he would... hurt her?" Kay inquired worriedly.

"Seto? Hurt Tyra? No way, he's super protective. Seto won't even let me touch her," I responded bluntly.

"Why not?"

"Well... when I first found her... I wasn't very careful. I accidentally hurt her pretty bad, so now neither of them trust me."

"At least you learned from your mistake."

"I guess." I stood up. "Let's go see what they're up to, I think Seto lied."

"Okay."