~001~

a/n: changed the time setting from 1959 to 1967 so in for the older version of them, they're both physically 19 but mentally 31 which will be discussed soon. (and yes it's midnight while im writing this and im doing math to try and change the time 🥲)

It was Spring 1967. The birds sang, flowers were in bloom, children played throughout the peaceful small town in Indiana. Hawkins is what they called it.

Beautiful houses, architecture, gardens, the most safest, greatest, and friendliest place in the world. But the thing is... you have to look deeper to see the truth.

Cordelia Brenner. Born on November 22nd, 1955 in Brooklyn, New York. Mother, unknown. Father, Dr. Martin Brenner. Most people say he would be a nice fellow, but it's like what was previously said... you have to look deeper to see the truth.

Dr. Martin Brenner had the perfect child. Healthy, brilliant, energetic, goodness, basically everything a parent would want their child to be. The father and daughter were a unique duo. Always got along, respect between the two, family love. All of this was fine until her father discovered something extraordinary about his daughter when she hit the age of five which changed everything in their life...

~*~

July 4th, 1960 in Brooklyn, New York. Independence Day. The crackle of fireworks heard everywhere in this town. Parties and cheering appearing in the houses and businesses of Brooklyn, New York. All supposed to be a fun day of celebration with family and friends. But that's not what Cordelia had in mind.

Martin Brenner knocked softly on his daughter's door as he finally came home from work. His usual joyful and energetic child was not herself. She was off, like something was in her mind trying to block everything out.

"Cordelia. What wrong, little one?" The little girl shrugged as she stared blankly at her wall. Traces of pencil markings appeared on the wall to create an image. Something unknown to Martin Brenner.

"Cordelia, honey... as much as it's great to have a creative mind, what is this drawing? And why draw this on the wall, kiddo? Why not on the paper I got for you?"

Nothing. No response, just a blank stare. Martin looked around Cordelia's room and sighed. "Well come on, little one. It's time to celebrate with our friends." Martin said as he brought his daughter downstairs to join everyone else.

"Ah! If it isn't the beautiful brainiac, Cordelia!!! Lemme guess you were secretly stashing goodies in your room?" A black haired lady with a pixie cut wearing an American Flag shirt laughed as she looked down at the dirty blonde haired five year old who had no expression.

"Goodies like weed-" The black haired lady choked on her glass of champagne as she tried to reply back to Cordelia's comment. "OH NO! Don't ever do that- WEED! Don't do that, kiddo. Wait- what- how do you even know what that is-"

"Why not use it? It's just a plant-" Martin Brenner nervously chuckled as he dismissed the lady and brought his daughter over to the brown couch.

The friends of the Brenners go wild throughout the night, all hanging out and talking loudly over one another, this annoyed Cordelia deeply.

People tried talking to her, even the black haired lady's daughter, but she continued to stare blankly out the window at the fireworks. Sitting on the couch, Cordelia gets hit with an ear-piercing noise in her brain.