~005~

The next day, Cordelia woken up to the light coming from through her curtains. Her throat was sore and scratchy, probably from her sickness and screaming of.

She had threw her legs over her bed to get up and almost fell due to lightheadedness. Some stuff fell on the floor in the process as she tried to pick it up.

Her father had rushed inside and told her to relax as Cordelia sat on her bed. Martin Brenner put the stuff down and hugged his daughter.

"I'm sorry, Cordelia. I never meant for any of this to happen. Especially to you. But the good and bright side is that it seems I have perfected your sickness. You are no longer sick."

Hearing her father's words, Cordelia lifted her sleeves and noticed her skin wasn't decaying anymore. It was her usual pale ivory skin.

"Henry. Where is Henry? I need to see him."

"He was here to visit you. Last night when we came home. And he left a couple minutes after. We can go over to the Creel's house if you'd like."

Cordelia's face lit up at these words as she hopped off her bed but nearly fell in the process.

"CAREFUL! Little one, you know you're still healing and recovering so please be careful." Martin Brenner said as he left his daughter's room.

Cordelia smiled, an actual huge toothy smile. She had put a yellow dress on and put some black shoes that were meant for boys on. She never had a thing for flats or heels. Cordelia always expressed herself freely, not caring what others think of her style.

She left her room to go meet her father in the living room. Her father laughed due to him knowing his daughter's hate for dresses. "I thought you always hates dresses?"

"I do! I just-" Martin Brenner shushed his daughter as he signaled to going out the door.

Cordelia stood on the porch and saw Alice playing with dolls on the front lawn. The young girl had looked up and squealed in surprise.

"CORDELIA! I MISSED YOU, OH SO MUCH!" The two girls hugged each other as the rest of the Creel family walked out of the house.

"Cordelia! What a pleasant surprise!" "I'm so glad you are better! Why haven't you told us you were sick?!"

Cordelia was taken back by Virginia Creel's comment. 'How'd she know I was sick?'

"It's a bit warm out here, how about you come inside." Virginia said as Alice grabbed ahold of Cordelia's hand and walked inside.

The Creel parents and Martin Brenner talked as Alice sat Cordelia down on the stairs and began to tell everything that's happened since she'd been gone so suddenly.

Cordelia glanced over at Henry who was staring at the grandfather clock in front of him. Henry closed his eyes as the clock seems to be turning back.

Alice got up and went to the bathroom since she was talking about her eating chocolates she had hidden in her room. Henry looked over to see Cordelia sitting on the stairs as they make eye contact.

"Hi, Henry."

"Hello..."

The silence stayed for a while until Henry broke it up. The eye contact was lost and all you could hear was the sound of the grandfather clock ticking.