XIII. SMOULDERING HOPE

"I could be as possessive as I want, Angel." - Jung Hoseok

====================

⚠️🔞

The lift dings and slowly it opens to a beautiful small hallway with a lone huge solid red door at the center. It seems that the landing is a foyer and the red door is the entrance to a whole new place.

'Is it another restaurant? A rooftop club, considering it's at the last floor?'

You don't know. You're pretty tipsy and you don't know what to expect anymore.

"Come." Hoseok's palm is warm on your back as he coaxes you to step out and to the marble hallway. He then pins the code on an electronic security lock resembling the one at the penthouse that you are currently living.

'Is it another penthouse?'

It unlocks and opens the door so wide that you almost sober up with what you see inside. With a mind of their own, your feet steps inside before Hoseok could and there you see a luxury that goes beyond beauty itself. At least, none that you had seen before.

"What can you say?" You hear him ask.

"This is so beautiful!" You gasp as you twirl around and crane for all its nook and cranny. All are so immaculately bright and screams expensive. The kind that only billionaires can afford.

"Do you like it?" He asks as he sits on the couch, adoringly looking at you.

'Like it? I love it!' You want to say but something tickles within. It's definitely not the alcohol that seemingly had just evaporated with the wonder of the place. If you aren't aware that the place is at the top most floor of the building, you would have believed that Hoseok had brought you in another location. But no. You are still in the same building. It is a two-story high space with amenities of a billionaire's crib. The interior is sleek, and modern but lively. It's not the usual minimalist kind of modernity. The city lights beyond the floor-ceiling high windows are like the twinkling lights and the floating crystals are the dusts of the magnanimous cosmos. The place is the color of the universe itself with the complementary drapes of heavens. The pieces of furniture are art themselves.

There are fresh flowers? And lighted scented candles around? You couldn't help but see the romantic touches surrounding the place.

"Are you sure there is no occasion?" You still wonder.

"I told you. There is no need for that. Besides, I own this. I just want you to show you this place." He smirks.

"This luxurious penthouse?" You almost gape.

"The entire building." He casually answers as he gestures for you to sit beside him. As you sit, he slips his arms around you, enclosing you with waves of his warmth.

'He owns this? All of these?' You know that he is rich...not this filthy rich. Owning a penthouse in the heart of Seoul is expensive enough, how much more an entire building? Not just any kind of building but one with all the known people clamor to be in. There is a Michelin star restaurant that caters private intimate setting just like where they were a while ago. You had also noticed that the lowest floor hosts the most expensive clothing brands. You believe that there are more to the building with the tight security. It's perfect for those big influential people who takes their privacy seriously.

"I was thinking that the view in the highest floor is the most precious befitting for someone much more precious." His voice is deeper as he whispers the words at your lobe.