XXIV. NOT AN APHRODITE

"Just allowing us to be with you is enough. Allowing us to redeem ourselves from the pain that we had caused you is already a blessing in itself, Jasmine."" – Kim Seokjin

==========

The sun beam heats up your cheeks as you moan in annoyance. You still want to sleep. You still want to adrift on the sea of calmness and peacefulness. You moan again and wriggle. Pushing down the duvet, you roll on your stomach, wiggle a little until you find a more comfortable position. It's a bit cold so your arms instinctively reach out for something warm other than the annoying blanket or the heat of the morning sun.

A deep chuckle hush you down. You crawl to its direction and you wiggle again to settle. Satisfactorily, you hum.

"Baby... shouldn't you wake up already?" You hear the gentle inquiry, but like a passing dream, you only ignore.

"Stop that hyung. Let her sleep." A melodic voice scolds as you adrift again to your pleasant dream.

"Hyung? Hmn. Yes... She is here." You hear the deep honey-laced voice once again. Your eyes flutter and see a blurry angelic face smiling at you.

'Oh. How nice to dream angels.' You think. A small smile creeps on your lips alongside with a quite giggle as you wander back to dreamland. It feels so good with warmth hugging you close, though your feet wiggles in the cold.

Your consciousness resurfaces again as you feel being lifted up. You hum and mumble in gibberish.

"Hush, Babe. Just go back to sleep." Another voice soothes you up and once again you feel the softness of the fluffy clouds embracing you home.

A little later you feel freezing. It's cold. Sleepily, you reach for warmth, but whatever you do, you can't find the same comfort that kept lulling you again and again to dreamland. Distant murmurs finally wake you up. So slowly, you sit up. First, your right eye opens, followed with another. Then you realize that you are in a dark foreign space.

'This is not your room!' That fact makes you nervous.

As you try to think back of last night, you sigh in relief. You recall Jungkook carrying you at the living room. Maybe he had carried you back inside his bedroom and had closed all the curtains to keep you asleep. Gratefully, you caress the softness of the new sheets and lay again.

With closed eyes, you recall your entangled limbs and heated skins. His kisses at first may have been rough, given he was in rut. But what happened next was rather unexpected. He was so careful with you. He was so considerate. His kisses made you giggle. His touches would make you squeal with happiness. After the intense loving, he was then gentle, making sure of your comfort. He had even clothed you with his shirt. It makes you giddy.

Without caring how his huge shirt is drowning you, you stand up and groggily open the door to a very bright living room. You can't help but squint your eyes and rub them to adjust. The mattress is still lying on the floor, but you don't mind it as much as your bemoaning stomach. Following the fragrance of food, you take your step one at a time to a direction with hushed conversations.

"Good morning, Babe." A gentle voice sings.

"Huh?" That's not Jungkook's. You wonder and your eyes widen. Your blurry vision induced with your sleepiness finally clears. There at the dining table are the six of them, smiling at you. They look so at home with how relaxed they are.

"Still sleepy?" Taehyung chuckles.

You hiccupped and immediately turn, planning to hide, but you flinch with the wall of muscle blocking your way.