0.19

third person pov
TW: (mentions of abuse both mental + physical, drug addiction, overdosing)

its been days since the sturniolos left. rhyliee was a sulking mess. she genuinely missed them. their presence, the laughter they all made. their smiles. the stories the four would exchange. of course they would still interact with each other via Instagram and tiktok. they would FaceTime every so often. but that just didn't make up for them being hours away from one another.

taylor would stop at rhyliees, just to check in on her. because you never really know what's going on in someone's life. they could be the happiest person ever and be struggling the worst. you never know. taylor was rhyliees best friend, it was kinda her job to just stop by and make sure the girl was okay. you would do that for your friends, right?

once the boys left, landin came back, along with the two shitty people rhyliee had to call her parents. her parents have been home for just a few days, but the three have had several arguments since.

rhyliee's pov

"rhyliee just because you're popular now doesn't mean shit. you're still just a girl from georgia. and you can't do anything about that!" my mother yelled. she always had to pick fights.

"all I asked is that we move! was that really so hard to believe. where we are now isn't supporting me and my career. now I don't think YOU would be the one to stop that. considering YOU were the one who got me into this shit!" my mother could never understand anything that I asked of her.

she, herself was the one who got me into the social media industry. if it wasn't for her I would be living my life like a NORMAL PERSON. but nooo I have people watching my every move. don't get me wrong I still want to do my job. I love what I do. I just don't like the manager that comes along with it.

"YOU DONT GET TO PICK WHERE YOU LIVE RHYLIEE CARSON. THATS NOT HOW THIS WORKS." she began yelling louder, tears flooding my eyes.

"CRYING ALREADY ARE WE? YOUR MOTHER HASNT EVEN GOT STARTED. YOU LIVE UNDER MY ROOF. YOU DO AS I SAY. YOU DONT MAKE THE RULES AROUND HERE. YOU DO NOTHING BUT POST PICTURES AND TALK TO PEOPLE THROUGH A PHONE!!" my father now in the conversation, continued to yell even louder. god I hate this place.

"that's what you think I do!? THATS ALL YOU THINK I DO. my job is so much more than that. I MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YA'LL TO GO ON YOUR STUPID WORK TRIPS. I HELP PAY THESE BILLS. so watch who you disrespect."

third person pov

rhyliee made out to her fans that her parents weren't all that terrible, but they were far worse than what the fans had known. she didn't really want them to know about her mother and father. they didn't deserve anymore clout from their daughter.

although the two had never laid hands on rhyliee, she was mentally abused. they drained her until she couldn't be drained anymore. often times it would be so bad she wouldn't eat or drink anything, she would lack her own proper hygiene. it was terrible.

during these times, she always let her fans know she was okay, via Instagram stories or just little tweets here and there. many didn't know about her Twitter so anything she said of there was very bitter sweet. there would be time periods rhyliee would just go M.I.A. completely ignoring everyone even jordan.

of course jordan knew of these problems. but being the young girl herself there wasn't loads of things she could do to help. rhyliee never wanted to get the police involved, because she would just push through it.

she always claimed that the things she went through would always make her stronger. which no one should ever have to think about such topics like that. she often resorted to drugs. which lead to addiction over time. no one really knew about this problem. she didn't want people to worry about her.

when things got too bad, drugs were her best option. she would take anything she could find, sometimes even pain killers. hoping they would kill her pain too.

thankfully she hasn't felt the need to turn to harmful effects in a while. she's been about two years clean. that's a big step for her. considering the fighting between her parents has been a reoccurring event since she could remember.

landin, her older brother also dealt with the same problems she did. although he didn't want to be known or popular, he did like appearing in rhyliee's YouTube videos. which slowly resulted in him gaining followers. he currently has about 100k. because he liked having a little light shown upon him, his parents took that as a sign of wanting to be like his younger sister.

the fame has been pushed upon him, almost exactly how it had been to rhyliee. this caused him to turn to starting using again. at first it was just every once in a while. just to feel numb and relaxed. but soon enough it became a little more than that. almost an everyday thing. sometimes more than once a day.

as one would imagine the carson siblings were going through alot. they didn't know how to handle it. of course they couldn't talk to their parents as they were the ones causing the two problems.

landin, took a turn for the worse and overdosed on august 29th, 2019. an exact week before his sister's birthday. rhyliee was the one to find him. a very traumatic experience. this event caused her to try to recover from her addiction. seeing landin in a state like she seen, put into perspective that she could end up like that.

luckily her bother was able to be saved by paramedics. after he overdosed, he began seeking the help he needed. he began going to rehab weeks later. as far as rhyliee knows he's about six months clean!

// hey guys sorry for this sad chapter. I deadass just trauma dumped yall.
but PLEASE PLEASE check on your people. hug your loved ones just a little tighter.

heaven gained a beautiful angel this week, rest easy sweet boy.