ROYAL AFFAIR 10

The Ball Night

"We're so pretty, Ate Liyana! Sayang, wala si Ate Eris. Haist. This is my fault," Anas ni Serena.

Nakabihis at naayusan na kami. Serena is beautiful wearing her blue ball gown tulle lace appliques long sleeve. She's really a princess with her gown, paired with white and glittery sandals with small details in it. Her hair is in fishtail braid low bun and a tiara as her hair accessory. She has a light make up dahil bata pa naman siya para sa mga makakapal na make up and it will not compliment to her gown.

Ang buhok ko naman ay nakalugay. My hair is in natural curl, they left some strands of my hair in both sides when they do my hair. At ang they na tinutukoy ko ay ang mga nag-ayos sa 'min kanina.

I also have a hair accessory. Si Princess Serena ang mismong nagsuot sa 'kin ng accessory sa buhok. Light lang din ang make-up ko.

"Don't blame yourself, Serena. Siguro ayaw lang talaga ni Eris. Pero sobrang excited siya kanina e," I said.

It's true. Eris was so excited earlier but her excitement slowly fades when the Royal Princess mentioned the Duke's name.

"Yeah. And I ruined her excitement." The Princess Royal said.

"Don't think about it, Your Highness. She'll be alright," I tried to cheer her up.

She smiled at me. "Thank you, Ate Liyana for accepting your invitation. I really want you there," Saad nito na ikinangiti ko.

"It's a great pleasure for me to accept your invitation, Princess Serena. Thank you for inviting me and thank you for your gifts." I sincerely said.

She nodded at me. Seconds later, she stared at my neck. Bahagyang kumunot ang kaniyang noo. Napahawak naman ako sa leeg ko dahil baka may something doon pero wala naman.

"Ate Liya, something is missing, wait," Serena went to her drawer. May kinuha siyang kung ano doon.

Pagharap niya'y may nakita akong isang maliit na kahon. I think, it's a jewelry box.

"Ito ang kulang!" Pinakita ni sakin ni Serena ang isang red velvet box.

She opened the jewelry box at isang napakagandang necklace ang bumungad sa 'kin.

"W-Wag mong sabihin na ipapasuot mo sakin 'yan, Serena?" I nervously asked.

Hinding-hindi ko kayang suotin ang ganiyang kamahal na alahas. Pakiramdam ko ay hindi nababagay sa isang katulad ko 'yan.

"Then I won't tell you, I'll just wear you this, here.." Kinuha niya mula sa jewelry box ang kwintas at akmang isusuot sa 'kin nang pigilan ko siya.

"Hindi ko kayang suotin 'yan, Serena. Ayos na ako sa gown at sapatos na bigay mo pero ang ipasuot mo sakin 'yang sobrang ganda at mahal na kwintas ay sobra-sobra na para sakin. I can't wear that," I uttered.

Serena just smiled at me. "This is a Royal Farrington Diamond Necklace, Ate Liyana. Sobrang babagay 'to sa gown na suot mo. Stop declining, please. Let me wear this for you," She said.

Wala na akong nagawa nang tuluyan nang na-isuot ni Serena ang kwintas sa leeg ko. I bit my lower lip when I felt the coldness of the necklace around my neck.

"I told you!" Napapalakpak si Serena habang pinagmamasdan ang kabuuang ayos ko.

"Serena, nakakahiya..." I whispered.

"Stop it, Ate Liyana. You're my friend already." Anas nito at hinawakan ang isang kamay ko.

"Let's go. This will be a long night for us, Ate Liya!" She added. Sabay kaming lumabas ni Serena mula sa kaniyang kwarto at binagtas ang daan patungo sa bulwagan o ang pinaka sentro ng palasyo.

Ang nilalakaran namin ay nalalatagan ng pulang carpet. There are candle lights hanging both sides of the the wall. Beautiful chandeliers are hanging on high ceiling of the palace.

Truly, the Farrington Palace looks so enormous and luxurious. Everything screams power and elegance.

There are some guards following us all the way to the Royal Hall. Until we finally in front of a giant double doors. There were two guards from the both side, guarding the giant door.

I glanced at Serena and she glanced back at me. I'm feeling nervous at the same time excited. This will be my first time, I must enjoy this night. Just like what Eris said.

"Are you ready?" Serena asked. I nodded and smiled at her as a response.

We both took a step forward and slowly, the guards finally open the giant double door.

As the door opens, I was welcomed with different people, not just an ordinary people, they are royalties and came from different cities. I was mesmerized while roaming my eyes around.

Lots of royalty guests are wearing their best suit and ball gowns. Their hair is well done. They're indeed royalties coz' they look so elegant.

I almost closed my eyes when I heard the classical music coming from the orchestra people. I smiled widely while listening to that beautiful classical music, I feel like... I feel like a real princess!

"This is so beautiful!" I heard Serena exclaimed. Hinarap ko siya at mabilis na tumango, sumasang-ayon.

May ngiti sa labi kong pinagmasdan ang mga bisitang masayang nagku-kwentuhan. Ang iba sa kanila ay may hawak na kopita ng alak. Some of them were dancing with partners. Some of them were laughing so gracefully.

The Royal Hall is alive with the chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. There are some candles lit everywhere. A buffet table where you can get any food you wanted to eat.

"Oh, Serena. You're finally here!" A beautiful woman exclaimed when she walked gracefully towards our direction. I can tell that she's a princess because of the tiara she's wearing.

"Violet! So happy to see you here!" Serena acknowledged the beautiful princess's presence.

"I see. You're still gorgeous as ever." Princess Violet complimented.

I smiled when I notice how Serena's cheeks blushed.

"Thank you, Violet. Same to you too." Both of them chuckled in a graceful way.

Seconds later, the Princess Violet's eyes darted on mine. A genuine smile plastered on her reddish lips.

Wow. She got a pair of amber eyes.

"Who's this beautiful, Young lad, Serena?" Princess Violet asked while eyeing me from head to toe. But, I didn't took it as a negative gesture of hers. I don't see any judgement in her amber eyes.

"Oh, let me introduce her to you, Violet. Her name is Liyana Sachi my new found friend slash sister," Serena introduced me to her royal highness.

My heart melted when Serena didn't introduced me as their family's maid, instead she introduced me as her friend and a sister. How sweet of her.

I bowed my head a bit to show some respect to a princess. "Hi, Your Highness, It's nice to meet you,"

"The pleasure is mine, Liyana. Your beauty stood out among the other women here. Innocent yet fiery. By the way, my name is Violet Anais Ricford, the royal princess of Nivascus City." She smiled at me.

"I hope you'll enjoy tonight." She added.

I nodded. "Thank you, Your highness."

She shooked her head while smiling. "Just call me, Violet. Since you're friends with Serena, you're my friend as well."

My mouth parted a bit. Oh my. Another princess wants to be my friend.

I feel so happy.

••••
06/17/22