ʙᴀʀʙᴇᴅ ᴡɪʀᴇ

A/N: Read the warnings before the book. This doubles as a fanfic and a horror book so if you skip the warnings and end up getting paranoid or having nightmares later then that's on you. I am not responsible for your own actions.

The following chapter is the intro chapter.

By the way, this book is best read in dark mode and at night

[Y/N's Point Of View]

"And what happened after you moved in with your grandma? Didn't you say you met a boy?" Suyeon, your youngest grandchild asked, looking up at you with innocent eyes. Many years have passed since the events that occurred at the time, but you haven't forgotten about it, not one bit.

"Well... It's a long story. Besides, it's getting late." You replied. All five of your grandkids stayed silent, expecting you to tell them either way. You looked around the room and saw them all sitting in their beds and waiting eagerly for the 'story' to begin.

A sigh escaped your lips and you pondered for a minute, wondering if you should tell them or not. The true story of your past may be too scary for them to handle, especially at this time of the night.

"Come on grandma, please tell us." One begged, followed by the others joining on.

"All right, I suppose I will. It all started when I was only 9 years old..."

[Y/N's Point Of View, 9 years old]

"But grandma, I'm bored. Can't you play dolls with me just for a little while?" You asked for the 4th time, trying to entice your grandma to stop what she's doing and come play.

"I'm sorry dearie, but I have to finish knitting these scarfs so that I can sell them and make money." She gave you a look of sorrow and fixed her glasses. 'Grandma has been knitting non-stop recently, shouldn't she take a break?' You thought to yourself.

She took a look at the setting sun and then glanced over at the crooked clock hanging high up on the wall. "Why don't you go play outside for a couple of minutes?"

You sighed and began to make your way out, mumbling "Okay" in a dull tone as you left. While you were walking down the stairs you could hear your grandma shout "Don't go past the fence!" Just like always.

You've been in this house 3 months ago, yet you've still to see what lurks beyond the fence. Your grandma tells you all sorts of stories about what's back there. Tales of the most ferocious beasts and horrifying sights. You don't believe her, though. She's only telling you that so that you don't try to sneak out past where she can't see you.

Still... Part of you wants to know what's beyond the boundaries of the metal cages. What'd happen if you really did sneak out? After all, the worst that could happen would be you getting lost, right?

Being lost doesn't scare you. After all, it's impossible to be lost forever when you know where the North Star is. Or at least that's what you father told you before he passed away.

You miss him, you miss him a lot.