ᴀ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ

[Y/N's Point Of View, 19 Years Old]

Knock, Knock, Knock He knocked, not even waiting for you to open the door before allowing himself to come in. He's your best friend, so he takes the phrase "Make yourself at home" quite seriously.

"So I saw the hole in the fence you were talking about..." Vernon started "And it seems like something has been crawling under it."

You frowned at first, but laughed soon after "That something is me. You have no clue just how many times I've had to go under there." Truth is that most of the times you went under it wasn't because you 'had' to, it was because of curiosity. "Don't get me wrong, though. I never dug the hole. It was already there when I got here."

"So, your grandma put that fence there for safety, right?" He inquired, in which you nodded to as a response.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but there's something weird about this place, Y/N. A whole series of events happened to me while I was driving here."

Vernon sat down on the stairs to untie his shoe laces. You leaned on the frame at the side, waiting for him to tell you what happened. Vernon spoke Vernon made a statement. "A deer was the first thing I noticed on the path leading up to your house. It came to a complete stop in the middle of the fucking path and stared me down. The next thing I knew, it was charging at my car, and I closed my eyes, thinking to myself, "Oh fuck, this isn't going to end well." When I opened them, the thing had vanished."

He kicked off his left shoe and went to the other one. "So, as I'm at your front gate I got out the car to open it and this angry ass hedgehog comes running at me and it's making the weirdest sounds. It was like it didn't want me to open the gate. I ignored it and opened it anyway, but I had to leave my car in front of the gate because the hedgehog wouldn't move. I never wanted to run it over."

Vernon took off his other shoe and then positioned them neatly next to each other where the shoes are meant to be "So I go take a look at the fence you were telling me about and I see the deer again in the woods. It's just staring at me and peering from behind a tree. This is when I noticed that it had eight eyes like a spider. I ran over to your front door and then-"

Vernon walked over to your front door and opened it again. He pointed at the bottom of it for you to see. "There's scratches on your door, Y/N, and don't try to tell me that Charm did it. Those scratches look like they were made by a bear. After seeing those I knocked and then I looked back at the deer, which was now gone. So to make a long story short, I let myself into your house and I'm scared shitless of the animals you live amongst."

You chuckled a little about what he said about the animals. "Vernon, I've been living right beside  unexplainable creatures, and you're scared of hedgehogs and a mutated deer? I used to see that deer a lot when I was younger. I haven't seen it for a while though now that I think of it..."