ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

A/N: I miss WebCam so much right now but at the same time I cba writing the 1st book. I just want to move on to TTT already but I know that I have to get WebCam done first :/

Anyway, I'm going to re-do Krampus and Webcam immediately after this book is done.

[Y/N's Point Of View, The Present]

You've been telling your grandchildren the same story for two weeks now. This week will be the third time.

They've been insistent on hearing it through until it gets to the part where you actually "fall in love" with the boy.

The thing is that they all think 'the boy' is Vernon.

When you asked which story they wanted you to read to them, they all said, "The one with Vernon in it."

[Y/N's Point Of View, 19 Years Old]

Last night was insane. You couldn't get back to sleep because the skin walker was chanting to you from outside.

The good news is that the sage seemed to have kept him on the other side of the fence.

You unlocked your front door as usual to let your dog out. You haven't been walking her very much recently. In the past you used to be able to walk Charm up and down the path going up to your house, which is a long trek, but the problem is that it's surrounded by the forest. Until recently, the area around the path was safe.

It was so safe that your grandmother never considered it to be the same forest as the one beyond the fence, despite the fact that it technically is. It's most likely due to the fact that the side opposite from the path leads into the deeper part of the woods where all of the unspeakable things are.

It's funny, she used to tell you stories of the most terrifying monsters and things, but you've only encountered one so far. Two if you count the hare.

Does he really spend all of his days harassing other living beings in the woods? Doesn't he have a life outside of that?

You'll probably never find out, then again, it's best not to.

You were so lost in thought that you forgot to open the door and you just left your hand on the handle. Charm whined, getting more and more impatient to go outside.

You opened the door after coming to your senses. You took a glance outside, and something outside the fence caught your attention right away.

It's a rock, but not just any rock. It's more of a boulder, and it appears to have blood written on it by either something or someone.

You hastily slid both of your boots on, accidentally putting them on the wrong feet. Without even stopping to shut the front door you hurried up to the boulder to read the writing.

Once you got close enough you were able to properly see it. The blood looks rather fresh and it reads "Don't trust it" with a little paw print beside it, left by the hare.

Your blood went cold after reading it. "Why can't I just live a life free of- of- Skin walkers?" You asked yourself aloud. Is that really too much to ask? You could've lived a decent life and continued on not knowing what they were, but nope, all of this had to happen instead.

Snap!

The sudden sound diverted your attention to the direction it came from, which is, of course, the darker side of forest.

You look around all the trees carefully, but you can't see him anywhere. Regardless, you know it was him who made that sound.

He probably senses that 'the hare' has been here. The hare can't be a regular hare at this point. It's probably one of them. How else could it've wrote on that rock?

"I know you're there!" You yelled aloud into the abyss of the woods.

No responce

Seems like he only talks when he wants to.

Pathetic.