ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ

[Y/N's Point Of View, 19 Years Old]

You went to the carnival last night. It was fun, but you just couldn't stop thinking about what Yeonjun said.

"He won't just slaughter you once he has you; he'll gobble you whole."

But why? Why does he want to hurt you? Why do any of the things in the woods want to hurt you? You haven't done anything to them.

You thought back to when you invited "Mollie" into your house and she killed your grandma. If Yeonjun was Mollie and he was trying to protect you, why would he murder your last living relative? And why would the hare only appear when things with Yeonjun started getting out of hand?

What if the hare isn't the evil one? What if Yeonjun is manipulating you to go against hare so that HE can get you instead?

This entire situation is a disaster. For the time being, you should trust who you think is telling the truth, which is Yeonjun.

"Y/N!"

Speak of the devil

You hurried to the nearest window to look for him, but you couldn't see him anywhere. He isn't outside the fence like he usually is.

To get a better look you opened the front door and went outside, but still, you couldn't see him.

He shouted your name again, sounding like he was in agonising pain. It sounds like it's coming from the woods. You're not certain if you should go looking for him or not.

"Why are you trying to lure you into the woods!?" You shouted back. You don't know how you're supposed to react right now, but one things is certain: you're frightened. You said you weren't scared, but now you are.

Suddenly, it everything silent for a moment. The birds stopped singing, the grasshoppers stopping chirping, even the leaves stopped rustling... Dead silence.

"Y/N, run!"

Chills went through your whole body. He's not luring you towards him; rather, he's luring you away from something else.

You ran back into your house, grabbed Charm, and hurried to open the gate to the path as fast as you could. You're leaving this place once and for all, this is your last straw. You don't know where you're going to go, but you can't stay here.

As you carried the dog you ran down the path as quickly as your legs would allow, the adrenaline giving you an extra boost.

Charm began to wriggle to try and get away from your hold, but you firmly held on to her. You can't let her get devoured by a fucking monster.

She still managed to escape your arms by plunging herself into the air and landing roughly on the ground. What's worse is that she started rushing away from you and toward the danger.

You turned around in shock seeing your dog run into the forest, and you know that if you leave her she'll die. Fuck, you're going to have to go get her.

You immediately followed Charm, who was moving so quickly that she was only a white blur in front of you that resembled a cotton ball.

You're going to get her, and then you're going to get out of here.

You chased her for a good few minutes, making sure not to lose sight of her. She slowed down a little five or so minutes in, probably getting tired. This gave you an opportunity to sneak up from behind and catch her.

But when you heard the sound of crumpling leaves coming your way, you stopped moving. In an instantaneous fear, you quickly crouched down behind a bush.

The hare ran by and stopped just a few feet away from the bush you're hiding behind. It began to sniff the air, and then it kept on running. After it disappeared, you sighed with relief and stood back up. Charm has already sprinted off.

You almost gave up until you finally located Charm sitting beside a tree. You sprinted toward her with all of your remaining energy. She seems to be excited about something, presumably a squirrel in a tree.

However, when you got beside her you immediately saw what she was really excited about. It's far from a squirrel, it's Yeonjun, and he's in such a dreadful condition that you almost screamed in shock.

He's sitting against a tree, looking limp and hopeless. His whole body is covered in blood and there's multiple wounds on his face, which also have blood pouring out of them. He looks like he has been dragged through dirt and badly beat up.

The worst part is his eye, not the left one, the right one. It's completely gone. That's where the majority of the blood is leaking from. It seems like something tried ripping it out of its socket in an attempt to fully blind him, and it worked.

He's breathing heavily and unusually, as if he's struggling. You're relieved he's still alive, but you feel guilty seeing him like this.

"Y/N...?" He reached out his arm to confirm if you were there or not. He hung his head down when he realised you really were there with him.

"Sorry, Y/N... I tried my best, but he got me."