ᴛʜᴇ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ

[Y/N's Point Of View, 15 Years Old]

It has now been one year since the calling in the woods happened, and you've been outside the barbed wire fence a total of 3 times now. You never go deep in, though. You learnt your lesson the first time.

At the moment you're currently In your garden. You've had a long day, but you managed to get a lot done. You mowed the grass, plucked weeds, tended to the flowers and herbs, cleaned inside the house, ironed and washed clothes, cleaned the windows, and started working on painting the door. You're doing pretty well.

You exhaled in relief and plopped down on the grass, not caring about getting any stains on your clothes or skin. You're so worn out that you could rest your head and drift off to sleep right here right now.

But you've got more work to do. Your grandma wants you to repair the hole in the fence. She has no clue what caused it, nor do you, but it's there and needs to be fixed.

Fixing it means that you won't be able to sneak out ever again, so you've decided to go out just one more time and take some pictures for the sake of memories.

You took off your coat and left it on the porch, then you tied up your hair and crawled under. You're getting better at going underneath it without getting caught on the barbed wire. The wires hurt like hell when they get you.

Just like last time you made it into the woods. You began to snap pictures with your new polaroid camera as soon as you stepped foot past the first tree.

 You began to snap pictures with your new polaroid camera as soon as you stepped foot past the first tree

[Y/N's Point Of View, In The Present]

"When do you meet the boy?" Haeyoon inquired, getting more and more impatient by the second.

Your youngest grandchild is asleep already, and the middle child is already drifting off into his dreams. The rest'll be asleep before you know it, meaning that you won't have to tell them the spooky part.

"H'es coming up soon, just wait."

[Y/N's Point Of View, 15 Years Old]

You have some good pictures already. It's time to say your last goodbye to this place and head back. But wait... What was that?

Your ears began to tune into a sound coming from deeper into the woods. Not the sound of an animal, but a human. A girl who sounds to be round about your age.

"Help me!" She cried

Should you help her? What if there's a murderer twice your size? Shouldn't you run back and call the police?

"Help, it's going to kill me!"

Her screams left you paralysed and unsure about what to do. A feeling of nausea came over you, leaving your mind to go wild. What should you do? If you go home she might be dead by the time  you reach the phone.

You have to go help her, you have to put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel in her situation?

You wasted no time running towards her with your camera in your head, ready to throw it at whatever may pose threat to you when you get there.

She continued screaming "Help, it's going to kill me!" in the exact same way and tone as last time.

You want to shout back to her, but that'll just reveal your presence to whatever the thing is that's after her.

You got closer and closer to her voice. Eventually the voice was no longer in front of you, but rather, above.

"Help me!" It called from up a tree.

Your legs went numb realising that she's in the tree, and you're on the ground where the dangerous thing must be. You're starting to regret your decisions. Scratch that, you started to regret them long ago when you began to run towards this general direction, but you kept going either way.

In hopes to climb up the tree you turned around and looked up, but you saw no girl. What you saw was way worse, and it'd leave you traumatised for a long, long time.

There's a boy in the tree right above you. He's poached over on a branch and he's looking down at you with the most spine chilling grin you've ever seen in your 15 years of life. He's wearing a dirty beige sweater with chain-like jewellery all around his torso. His skin is stained with blood and he seems to be missing his left eye.

A drop of blood rolled down his cheek and dripped onto yours. The boy's grin widened as he opened his mouth to say "Help, it's going to kill me!" in the exact same way the 'girl' from before did.

There was no girl, it was him... Or it.

In a panicked state you threw your camera at the mysterious being and made a run for it. You never looked back, not even once. All you could think about was getting home and back into the safety of your own house.

You don't know if it's following you or not, nor do you know exactly how deep into the woods you are, but you've got to make it back into your house. Or past the gate at least.

You ran for what felt like hours until you reached the gate. This time you threw yourself under the barbed wire and let it rip the skin off your back without a care in the world. It'd soon hurt, however, at the moment all you care about is running away.

When you got under you nervously looked back and saw... Nothing.

It's gone.

After that encounter you immediately ran back inside and told your grandma about what happened.

Your grandma is a happy person who can light up the whole room with her smile, she can get along with anyone and she gives the best advice, you've never saw her angry before, never until that fateful day.

And for the record, you never did patch up that hole in the gate.