ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴍᴀ'ꜱ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

[Y/N's Point Of View, the present]

"I thought you were going to be telling us the story of how you met the boy, not scary stories about a barbed wire fence in your grandma's garden." 

"I'm getting to that part, give it time."

[Y/N's Point Of View, 14 Years Old]

You finally finished cleaning the last window in the house, aka the one in your bedroom. Your grandma is now 90 years old and is getting too frail to do the cleaning, so you've been doing it on your own for the most part nowadays.

It's a wonder that she's made it this far without getting anything like dementia or going blind. She is a little deaf in her right ear, but for some in their 90s you'd say she's doing pretty well.

The only problem is that she still treats you like you're a baby even though you've proved time and time again that you are now a responsible teen.

After doing that one last wipe on the window you put all of the cleaning items away and took a look outside. It's a nice day, which is rare around here. Usually it rains so much that you'd swear there were giants pouring buckets up water down from the sky.

Occasionally you'll look outside and see animals like hares and deer go past, but not this time. Today is a quiet day. It'd be a good day to sneak out for the first time if you really wanted to.

And what if you wanted to right now? It wouldn't hurt. Your grandma is sleeping right now and you'll be back before she even wakes up to know that you're gone.

You drummed your fingers on the window ledge in a pinky to index order and pondered the thought of leaving for a while before ultimately making the final decision.

You're going to do it.

How?

You'll sneak under the hole in the mud beneath the fence.

You wouldn't be able to get out the gate as it needs a key to be opened and is too tall to climb over.