CHAPTER EIGHT

"Y– Y/N!" Yashiro exclaimed

Your eyes examined her and, after not seeing any injuries, you swung her over your shoulder, your baseball bat safely secured in your either arm.
"Wha–"

"RUN!!" You yelled and ran as fast as you could towards the closed exit, Hanako and Kou not far behind.

"But the door…!" Said the radish. She wasn't able to see the closed door, but she managed to come to the conclusion that it was indeed closed. Yashiro looked up and saw some mokkes running with the arms.

"Put the arm in that little shrine!" Hanako-kun yelled, wanting to get away as soon as possibly from the murderous scissor.

Kou snatched one of the arms from the mokkes and threw it in the shrine ahead of them.
"All right!!" Kou yelled out in victory, dragging out the L.

"Ohhh. Nice throw!" Hanako cheered behind the exorcist.

You put down Yashiro, taking a hold of her hand, and hurried inside the opened door. You were kind of scared to let go of her, not wanting to lose her. Yashiro blushed at your intertwined hands, 'Oh my God, We're holding hands!'

Once the door behind you closed you let out a relieved sigh, "That was–"

"Scary."

"Horrible."

"Tiring."

You glanced at your friends and let out a  'yeah', giving them a small smile. You let go of Yashiro's hand as you saw that there was no threat anymore, and closed your eyes, "That was brutal!"

You continued talking, "At least everyone's alright–" you stopped.

Everyone wasn't alright.

"BETTY!!!" You cried out, hugging the said bat.

Betty… she was dead, broken in half.

"MY POOR BABY!!! I PROMISE I AM GOING TO FIX YOU!!" You took out some duct tape from your pocket and began frantically taping Betty.

Yashiro and the others deadpanned at you, you really had an emotional attachment to the bat, didn't you?

Hanako put a hand on your shoulder, "No worries, Y/N!" He gave you a smile, a small glint of mischief in his eyes, "But, it's just a bat! Nothing to worry about."

Your eyes darkened, covered by your bangs, "...Just a bat, huh?"

"Yeah!"

Kou and Yashiro backed away from the ghost, almost knowing what was going to happen.

You looked at Hanako, a grimace smile on your face, "Then it wouldn't be much of a problem if I beat you up with it?"

"What–"

You began to chase Hanako with the broken Betty, swinging her around, trying to lay a hit on him.

"Why are you running?! It's just a bat, right Hanako-kun?!" You yelled after the scared ghost.

Hanako hid behind a couple of mokkes, seeking for protection. But as you looked down upon the mokkes, a twisted expression on your face, they ran away. You raised your duct taped bat, ready to end the ghost.

"Wait–! Y/N–!!" Hanako put a hand in front of him, trying to stop you.

"It's just a bat. Nothing to worry about." You quoted Hanako-kun.

"NOO–"

A/N: this was another short chapter, but I am trying my best to stay consistent with my writing

A/N: this was another short chapter, but I am trying my best to stay consistent with my writing. I am trying to get out as many chapters as possible! And don't worry, I still enjoy writing these :D

Have a wonderful day!