CHAPTER TWENTY -SEVEN

⚠️TW⚠️

MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

"I've decided that I'll think more about my short life span after the study camp…"

After walking into the girls bathroom, and being greeted with soda cans and a flier (that Hanako and Kou had brought to congratulate you and Yashiro for passing the exams), you had turned to look off to the side, eyes dull as you said that sentence.

Kou flinched once you said that and Hanako had a biwirled expression on his face, "Y/N?!"

Yashiro silently cried on the inside as she looked at you, wiping away some metaphorical tears as she sobbed and clung to your right arm, "WHAAA– Y/N DON'T SAY THAT!!" She began to shake you back and forth.

Your head spun once she stopped shaking you and you stumbled backwards, falling into Kou's arms. He looked at you with amusement, but when he saw the ghost of your soul escaping your mouth, he panicked.

"But now that I think about it…" yashiro said, putting her index finger on her chin, seemingly in thought, "Summer Camp is one of the good memories you make at school!" She cheered before closing her eyes and intertwining her hands.

You slowly stood up while holding your head, blinking a couple of times before you decided to look at Yashiro. Kou asked you if you were alright to stand and if you needed to rest, Yashiro did shake you pretty roughly. Shaking your head, signifying a no, you walked up and behind Hanako, resting your chin on his shoulder.
He tensed up at the contact, you seemed to be more clingy nowadays. His cheeks flushed as you slinged your arms around his waist, snuggling your head into the crook of his neck. The ghost's face continued to heat up the more you hugged him.

"And plus…" Yashiro began, "the chance of getting asked out during study camp is high… IT'S ONE OF THOSE FAMED LOVE EVENTS YOU ALWAYS GET TO HEAR ABOUT!!"

You groaned and leaned away from Hanako when he began to shuffle around, getting something out of his pocket, a ladle. The ghost boy began to splash water onto Yashiro with the object.

You sat down onto the floor, looking at the people you call friends. 

"Wah! Stop–"

You let out a small yawn and your eyes watered, you lazily put a hand in front of your mouth as you leaned your back on the wall behind you. Kou looked at the two bickering friends as he sat down beside you, holding a mokke in his hands.

"Hanako-kun, why are you splashing me with water–"

You tiredly put your head on Kou's shoulder, closing your eyes. The exorcist looked down at your (almost) asleep figure, and gave out a small smile.
After admiring you for another second, he turned his attention to the mokke on his lap. It began to wiggle its non-existent eyebrows and pointed at you, making kissing faces.  Kou blushed and an irk mark appeared on the side of his head. Bringing out his staff, which began to spark with electricity, and gave the mokke a warning look. The fur ball scurried away and out of the bathroom, leaving you and Kou alone.

"Cut it out!!"

"Can you two be quiet? I'm tryna sleep here."

"Sorry, Y/N…"

*

When you came home that day, you slumped down in your bed face first, leaving your bag and baseball bat beside you. Groggily turning around, pushing Betty and your bag down onto the floor, you looked up at the ceiling.

All you've been able to think about was your lifespan. It was short, yeah, but there was nothing you could do about it. Last night's sleep was ruined when thoughts about your life came.

Why am I going to die? How am I going to die? Will I look hot when death comes? At least I die young, that's good… right? Maybe I can become an apparition like Hanako? But…

"...I don't want to die in a lame way." that was the thought that kept you up at night - dying in a dumb way is just stupid and embarrassing to you. But, once again, there's nothing you could do about it. Unless…

"Well, I could kill myself right now."

Then you burst  out laughing. You held your stomach as tears welled up in your eyes. Sitting up, you wiped away the tears that escaped. Calming down, you got up to get your laptop.
"Nah… Wait–"

"Will Dark Reunion be the ones to kill me?"

Music started to play in the background as you did your signature pose, standing up in your bed.

The door creaked open and your grandmother's head peaked through the door, "Sweety, do you–"

You quickly fell down and onto the floor, hitting your head on your nightstand. You groaned as you held your head, opening one eye to see the grey haired woman, who was standing in the opening of the door with a tray of cookies in her hands.

"I'm just going to leave the cookies here…" she said, putting down the tray on your desk (which was placed next to your door), and hurriedly ran out of your room, leaving you stunned.

The door was still opened and you heard your grandmother say downstairs, "I think that child needs some type of help. They are acting weirder than usual."

"NO, I SWEAR I AM MENTALLY STABLE, SUSAN! I SWEAR!"

!!!PLEASE READ!!!

A/N: This chapter was short, and I'm sorry for not updating in a while. I've recently lost interest in this story. And when I mean that I've lost interest, I mean it, I really do. I wish I could finish this book as soon as I can, but I suck at writing stories I don't like. Not saying that I don't like this book! I'm really proud of it actually! I've almost written 30 thousand words on it, and that's how much I've been enjoying my time writing it! I just, I don't know… stopped caring about it?

Though, I'll try to write new chapters once in a while, so stay tuned!

Thank you all for the support and comments!

Have a lovely day or night, wherever you are!