CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

"HANAKO-KUN!"

"HANAKO-KUN!"

"Y/N!" He reached out for you as the two of you began falling off the cliff. Hanako caught himself just in time, grabbing a hold of the end of the cliff before he came tumbling down. You, on the other hand, fell off the cliff. You reached out to grab Hanako's hand, but you missed it, barely gracing your fingers against his as you continued falling.

With a loud splash, you fell into the ice cold water. Your breath caught in your throat as you began to sink deeper and deeper. You caught a glimpse of someone falling into the water after you. But, before you could make out any features, it all fell black.

It all was quiet, until you heard someone play something. The tune of a flute came through the thick void, breaking you out of your trance as you slowly opened your eyes. Sitting up, you looked around the place. It seemed to be a house of some sort, an old one at that. Pictures and paintings hung in the tall walls around you. Glancing down the long corridor, you saw a small child running at the end of it and into a big wooden door.

'No way,' you thought, 'I've seen enough horror movies for me to know that I ain't in no way, shape, or form following a small child into a big scary door at the end of a dark corridor. I may be a reckless dumbass, but I'm not that stupid.'

You slowly stood up and looked around; apart from the old paintings and picture frames, nothing seemed to stand out to you. Taking a small step backwards, you prepared yourself to run in the opposite direction of the kid, not wanting to follow them into another scary place.

But, once you turned around, you bumped into something- or rather, someone. Your breath hitched as you backed away from the person's chest, reaching behind you, but you noticed that neither your baseball bat or tennis bat was there. Your eyes widened once you realized that you were completely defenseless against the man in front of you.

But, instead of being a pussy, you faced him. Looking into the holes of his porcelain mask, you stared into his eyes. He was dressed in a black suit that made him look rather professional. His hair was black, slightly curled, and some of his locks were falling in front of the face of the mask. As you stared into his dark eyes, you began to feel a sense of familiarity, like you had seen them before. The mask was slightly ruined, a long crack following from one of its eyes to its mouth. The mask had human features, a nose, mouth and holes for the eyes.

"Hello there… How's it going…?" You awkwardly shuffled, taking another step backwards. The man tilted his head, and it was at this moment that you saw how tall he was compared to you, having to crane your neck to look into his eyes. The man took a step forward, and you countered with taking a step backwards. "You need something?"

The man stopped at your question, before giving you a curt nod. He reached into his suit's pocket, taking out a small notepad and pencil, before writing in it. Then, after reading over his words, he gave it to you, giving you another head tilt. You hesitantly took it from him, looking up into his eyes for a split second, before looking down at the notepad in your hands.