CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Whatcha' carrying?"

"This?" Hanako (or should I say Amane) gestured at the thing he was holding in his hands, before gently opening the sipper to it, "Isn't it obvious?"
Yashiro looked at the thing that Amane took out of the long bag.
"It's an astronomy telescope!" He gave his friends a closed-eyed smile and brought the telescope to his chest, showing it off to the two of them. "We're doing astronomy observation!"

"Why?" You asked as Amane kneeled down to put the telescope back in its bag.
Yashiro looked at him and then to Y/N. Their hair was illuminated in the dark essence of the moon light, making their features even more enchanting and addicting to look at.

Yashiro blushed as a thought of Y/N and her popped up:
They were taking a stroll down the beach, the moon shining above them, and Y/N looking down at Yashiro with a gentle gaze. They stopped walking and Y/N shyly turned away from Yashiro as she stopped beside them. Yashiro turned her head to look at them, but as she did so she was met by soft lips.
Yashiro let out a small wave of giggles, her eyes sparkling with delight at the thought of kissing Y/N.
She was brought back to her senses when Tsukasa began to hug Amane.

Yashiro stood on the other side of Y/N, who was in the middle of both Amane and Yashiro, and leaned forward to look at Tsukasa.
"Ah, this is just.." Amane blushed as he looked at his friends, before he (out of embarrassment) took Tsukasa under his shoulders and lifted him off of himself.
"Let's go to the rooftop, everyone is waiting there." Amane walked up to you and took your hand, dragging you along with him. "Tsukasa! Get your telescope!"
"Sure thing!" Tsukasa beamed at Amane and you before getting his bag with the telescope in it. Yashiro jogged up to the two of them. Tsukasa walked next to her, taking her by her shoulder and muttering a few words to her, skipping happily towards you and his brother.

Yashiro stayed behind while the three of you walked towards the school building. You glanced down at yours and Amane's intertwined hands, a ghost of a smile flashing on your face before turning back to normal.

'Maybe this isn't so bad after all…'

*

'This is beyond bad.'

Mitsuba, Kou and Yashiro were outside of the school, seeing Amane and you (you being asleep, carried in a piggyback by Amane) they naturally approached.
That… escalated to you now knowing that you were going to die. Now you might wonder what happened… I do too.

"Hanako." You sat up in the bed that you were placed on.  Hanako didn't even spare you a glance as he stood beside the bed, seemingly ashamed. It felt like he was a kid about to be scolded by his parent. He was looking to the side, finding the floor quite interesting.

"I–" Hanako started but was caught off guard when someone grabbed his collar.
"Just what do you think your doing!" You angrily stood in front of him, pulling him closer to your face, "Are you stupid or something!"
"Y/N, wait–" he was about to explain, but you just looked down, your bangs casting a shadow over your face. Once you let go of him, you let him fall to the floor.

You were quiet, too quiet. You didn't utter a single word as Hanako stared at you with shock. A dark mist began to spread behind your figure, sounds of ear piercing screams and pleads were coming from it.
Hanako was scared. Fear was spread across his features as he started to slightly shake.

And that's when you broke. You fell to the floor, your hands shielding your face, violent sobs escaped from your sitting figure. The mist disappeared and Hanako slowly started to crawl towards you. He reached out a hand to touch your face, but he stopped midway.
Tears fell from your chin, you tried to stop them by wiping them away from your face, but it didn't help.
Hanako smiled at your figure, taking your hands off your face with a gentle nudge.

"I'm going to die, aren't I?" You looked up at Hanako, tears falling down your puffy eyes.
His eyes widened, "How did you–"
"I heard you say that–" you swallowed, a sob escaping once more– "that I was going to die in less than a year."
That's when you were brought into a warm embrace. You sat limped in his arms, feeling too weak to do anything. You hated feeling this way, all your emotions coming out at once– you absolutely despised it. But at this moment, as Hanako spoke to you with so much care, you wrapped your arms around his neck and cried your heart out.

"It's okay," Hanako tightened the grip he had around your waist,

"I'm going to save you, Y/N."

A/N: Some angst bc why not… And just so you know, Yashiro isn't going to die, I'm too lazy to include her in this

I haven't really planned anything that is going to happen in the future chapters, so I guess I'll just have to write and see. I also have know idea who Y/N is going to end up with, but oh well!

I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day!

See you guys in the next chapter!