CHAPTER TEN

"I LOVE YOU! PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!!!"

"What the hell is going on…?"

"...oh, sure why not?" Yamabuki answered, making You, Aoi and Yashiro question what was happening.

You were sitting together with your friends, Yashiro and Aoi, inside of the school's greenhouse. Many people nowadays have been getting together by confessing under a specific tree, the confession tree.

You didn't quite understand why people would want to waste their youth on a pathetic person who is probably going to break their heart in the end. A relationship seems out of bounds for you. But, deep inside, you kinda wished that you had someone that cares for you like that. Don't get me wrong, you love your friends and you know that they care for you and all, but still, someone doesn't sound so bad.

Shaking away that thought, you looked out the window to see Akane beating up Yamabuki, "Take this seriously!!!" He lectured.

"Guess he was just practicing!"

"Y–yeah.." yashiro sweatdropped, 'popular girl..'

"Those two aside…" you started, "haven't you guys noticed all the new couples in class, or anywhere in school for that matter?"

Aoi smiled at you while Yashiro continued to deadpan, "Now that you mention it, yeah…"

Aoi then took over, "All of them are couples who successfully confessed their love under that tree!"

You hummed in thought, tuning out Yashiro and Aoi's conversation. Can this be a work of a supernatural? You must ask Hanako-kun about this.

*

"Hey, Y/N, where's Yashiro?" Hanako-kun asked.

"She's busy with the gardening club, so she won't be here." You said while sweeping the bathroom floor, "she asked me if I'd like to take her place for the time being."

Hanako looked at you and thought for a second, would you be willing to go instead of Yashiro?

"Hey, Y/N." He said and continued, "After school tomorrow… will you come to the giant tree in the practice garden with me?"

You stopped sweeping and turned to him. 'Hanako-kun probably needs my help with something, it seemed like he was going to ask Yashiro the same question too. The confession tree, huh? Seems like this is going to be fun after all!'

"The confession tree, right?" You asked, holding the mop in your hands.

"You know about it? That saves me the trouble of explaining." Hanako said as he walked past you, "so I'll see you there."

And he was gone. You began to put all the cleaning supplies away and thought for a second.

'Hanako-kun, you know that Yashiro probably would've thought that you were actually going to confess to her. Well, I'm lucky that I have a brain!'