CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Something," Hanako peeked out of the red bathroom stall, brows furrowed, "Is not right

"Something," Hanako peeked out of the red bathroom stall, brows furrowed, "Is not right."

"Huh?" Kou was cleaning the window as Yashiro just looked at Hanako with a weird expression, her cleaning apron was on and she held a mop in her hands. You were just sitting on one of the sinks, playing some video games on your phone. 

"What do you mean?" Yashiro questioned as she continued to mop the floor. You looked up from your phone and at Hanako.

"Don't pretend like you don't know–" He leaned his upper body out the stall and then stood in front of the three of you– "THIS!! LOOK AT THIS!! RIGHT HERE!!" Hanako took out a summer festival poster.

In case you missed it: in order to cheer up you and Kou after the various events in Mirror of hell (that I, as an author, skipped because this is MUCH more interesting,) Nene invited the two of you to the summer festival!

"You two are going with Y/N? Alone?" Hanako clinged on to you, almost suffocating you in the process, "You're going to wear a yukata and stuff aren't you?" An image with you, Kou and Yashiro popped up, the three of you wearing traditional clothing, chatting happily together. "YOU'RE GONNA HOLD Y/N'S HANDS IN THE CROWD!"

"No," Kou looked to the side and Yashiro continued his sentence, "Not exactly…

"So dirty minded!" Hanako turned you away from them, still hugging you like a koala, waving his hand up and down, "PERVERTS!"

Hanako then took Kou by the legs, lying face first on the floor, "But I'm an earth-bound spirit," he whined, "I can't go to festivals outside…"

"Hey, Hanako!" You whisper-yelled to him as you crouched down next to him, "They invited me to cheer me up!" You held his face as a small tear formed in his eye, "And you know festivals only happen outside of school." You let go of his cheek.

Hanako looked to the side on thought before an idea popped up in his mind, "That's it!"

You stood up and glanced at Yashiro while Kou just continued to look at Hanako in question. 

 "We'll just go to a festival here!" Hanako-kun exclaimed.

You and Kou let out a small 'huh?', not understanding the whole idea of 'going to a festival here'.

"On the night of July 7th," Hanako grinned at the three of you, "Let's meet at Misaki's stairs!"

***

"Well, us three have something to prepare." Said Yako in her fox form, talking about you and Nene, who was holding bags. "You go ahead of us and wait."

Kou and Hanako walked forward and into the door. Twinkling stars were painted upon the two boys, festival lights and music came from the small place in front of them. 

Kou looked at the festival from the small opening on the hill, amazed he said, "Wow– amazing…" he continued, "But I thought there were only domains for each of the seven school mysteries."

"There's a lot of areas that don't have an owner. It's a bit disorganized though." Said Hanako with a smile as he sat on a tree branch behind Kou.

"So this is that area's festival."

"It's the Tanabata Star Festival." Hanako responded and jumped down the branch, holding his hands behind his back. "Oh, kid, hold on a second."

"Huh?"

Hanako took out a Heavens Crown, explaining that there's going to be a problem if someone found out that humans were in the domain. He also said that Kou has to pretend to be a spirit while putting on the object. 

"When Y/N and Yashiro get here, tell them to put on one too."

"They're taking a while though…" Kou turned to look at Hanako.

"Hanako-kun, Kou-kun!" 

"Speak of the devil." Hanako said and turned to Yashiro's voice.

"Changing took a lot longer that we thought!" You called out to them, "sorry to make you guys wait!"

Kou and Hanako were starstruck, not only did Yashiro look absolutely gorgeous, but you were even more beautiful than before. Their heartbeats sped up as they looked you up and down, their faces turning red from how perfect you looked. 

"How is it, the yukata," said Yashiro as se tol a piece of her hair, twirling it, "it's not weird is it?"

"You look stunning, Yashiro!" You waved your hands up and down in excitement, "stunning I say!"

Yashiro blushed at your comment, she was as red as a tomato! She began to stutter out a thank you.

Kou and Hanako didn't say anything, only staring at you as you put your arm around Yashiro's shoulder. Yako jumped on Kou's head, yelling, "Say something!" To the two boys.

"It's amazing!" Kou yelled out to you, "It really suits you, Y/N– and Yashiro!"

Kou then turned to hanako and pushed him with his elbow, knocking the wind out of the ghost, "oof."

Hanako pulled his cap down, shielding his face from your beauty, "Ah, yeah, um," he said to you bashfully, trying to hide his blush. Then he turned to Yashiro, "Even radishes get dressed up!" He joked, earning a headbutt from Yashiro.

Hanako fell to the floor, holding his head. Yashiro only walked away from him and towards Kou, "I don't know him…"

You walked to Hanako and sat down beside him, patting his back in an awkward manner,

"There, there…"

A/N: Hope you're tuned for chapter nineteen!