CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"There's something I wanted to talk to you three about…"

Yashiro Nene said while walking up to her friends, stopping a bit away from them.
Hanako and Kou turned their attention to Yashiro while you continued to look out the window. Baseball bat in hand, the silvery tape around it shining in the sun, you were completely mesmerized by the view the bathroom window provided over the green school yard.

"To be frank…" Yashiro began speaking, and you took a last glance out the window before looking at your troubled friend. Yashiro brought out a paper that was labeled:
Yashiro Nene,
Semester final study guide.
"Finals are right around the corner..!!" She looked at her friends with empty eyes, small tears clung to the bottom of her big eyes - she was over all distressed.

"Yeah, the finals…" you spoke with a bored tone while petting a mokke. It gave a small nudge to your hand, showing its delight towards your action.

"Finals!! I totally forgot about them!!" Kou whined as he held his head with frustration; how could he forget such an important thing?!

Yashiro held the study guide in her hand while sniffing out quiet sobs, "Who would've thought that time would fly by that fast while we were in that world…"

Hanako floated in the background, his hands in front of him, falling by their wrists, he sweatdropped:
"Who cares about doing finals and all that junk…?"

"I do!!" Yashiro exclaimed and looked back at Hanako.
She went on to explain that if you do poorly in school you have to go through all sorts of tutoring. And, in her case, if she were to get low scores on all of her subjects, then she'd have to go through tutoring the whole summer.
"–I won't be able to come in and clean the toilets!"

Hanako looked at Yashiro, baffled with shock. It was like electricity rushed through his whole body as he whipped his head towards you - who were still petting the mokke.

If you got low scores in all the subjects, then you wouldn't be able to visit him! And even worse, what if you completely forgot about him during your endless tutoring?!

"Let's study hard…" Hanko put a hand on Yashiros shoulder, a serious expression on his face.

"......yeah." Yashiro smiled slightly though her eyes were as dead as her soul.

"I'll help you too, senpai!!" Koi exclaimed as he started to stretch his left arm - it looked like he was winding it up.

"Boy, are you safe for the finals?" Hanako asked as he floated beside Kou, resting his index finger on his chin.

"I'm not!"

"What a pain…" you sighed as you leaned off the window seal, walking towards your friends, landing beside Hanako.

He turned to look at you, his index still on his chin, "Y/N, are you safe for the exams?"

Yashiros eyes sparkled as Hanako asked that question, "Of course they are! Y/N is the top student in our class - no, in our whole school!"