ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ - 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 !

"We don't have much time before summer vacation," Hanako told the people sitting in front of him. "So we have to come up with a plan. Fast."

It had been a couple of days since Teru tried to exorcise Hanako, and rid him from the near shore. Nene and Kou sat behind a table in the back of the library, as Hanako began writing on a blackboard – that he had stolen. But they didn't need to know that.

' RESCUE PLAN ' Was written in chalk on the black surface, Hanako turning around to his 'fellow pupils', as he called them.

He took a quick glance at Teru, who was standing behind Nene and Kou, arms crossed and leaned against a bookshelf. He was glaring at the ghost. Hanako was about to continue, but was interrupted.

"Tell us what you know, No. 7," said Teru. "You said you had information about Y/n's whereabouts."

Kou perked up at his older brother's words, his heart speeding up with excitement. "You know where they are, Hanako?!"

Nene blinked at Kou's loud voice, before smiling. "That's right, Kou-kun!"

"I was just about to tell you about it, until I was–" Hanako coughed–" rudely– interrupted."

Teru's glare didn't waver, but the ghost paid mind to him and his scary, blue eyes. Instead, he began explaining what Y/n told him back in no. 6's boundary, starting to draw on the blackboard. "They said that they had a curse pursuing them, a death omen, or more known as a shinigami."

"Shinigami?" Nene mumbled and looked at Kou.

"They are kami's that invite humans toward death. In other words, take people's souls when they're near the far shore," Kou clarified with a smile, happy that he could help. But then his face drained of its colour. "Y/n's fucked."

Nene started sweating bullets.

"Y/n told me that back in their hometown, there was a cliff where people performed offerings to said Shinigami, Aku's cliff – if I remember correctly," Hanako continued his explanation, without noticing that his two 'pupils' had started to have internal breakdowns. "All we have to do is locate this cliff!"

The ghost backed away from the blackboard, turning around with a smile. The surface had various different drawings with words above them, arrows connecting them all.

The last words said:

' LOCATE AKU'S CLIFF '

"So," Hanako started, a smile stretching on his face, "any idea where Y/n's hometown is?"

The ghost was met with silence.

"...Boy?" Hanako glanced at Kou, in hope that he had at least a bit of knowledge about it.

"Sorry..." Kou apologised.

"Huh?!" Nene exclaimed. "But Y/n told me that you guys have known each other since childhood! You must know something!"

"Yeah..." Kou sheepishly scratched his neck. "They just never told me where they used to live before moving into our neighbourhood."

"We're doomed. Y/n's doomed. We're all doomed," Nene mumbled as she hit her head on the table, not bothering to lift it back up again. 'I won't ever be able to find love again if my (self-proclaimed) future spouse is dead.'

"Hey, why don't we just ask their parents...?" Kou asked despite knowing that it wouldn't work, he still had hope left!

"Their whole existence is basically erased from the near shore, so their parents won't remember them." That was all Teru had to say for the little speck of hope Kou had left inside of him to vanish.