22 - Naughty

Ally's P.O.V.

Breath in. Breath Out.

I take a few deep breaths to try to calm down my nerves. It was officially the day of our evaluation and Aria and I are next. It didn't make things any better that we were also the last group to go.

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"If you're that nervous to go up on stage then it's ok to quit." 

I turn my head to my left to see Seung-mi standing next to me. She had a smile plastered on her face that I just wanted to smack off her. I was tired of her at this point and just didn't have the energy to put up with her, especially right now.

"Does anything useful ever come out of that mouth of yours?"

My eyes widen at my sudden response since this is the first time that I've ever talked back to her like this. I guess she was even surprised given the look on her face.

"I'm just giving you some friendly advice. It would be a shame to see you make a fool of yourself in front of everyone."

"First of all, being nervous has nothing to do with not being ready. Second, who said I would make a fool of myself?"

"I'm just saying. Everyone here knows that you won't make it because you're just another foreigner, so before you go off any further to chase your dream, I'd stop because it's just a dead end."

Something in me switched as soon as I heard her words. I hated being told that I couldn't do anything, especially from someone like her.

I walked a couple steps closer to her as I'm face to face with her. At this point I was practically shooting daggers at her with my eyes.

"Even if it is true, then I'll take those odds against me and prove everyone wrong. And here's my friendly advice to you, shut that mouth of yours and watch me as I blow everyone's minds away because that's exactly what my performance is going to do and guess what? I'm going to earn my spot in that debuting group."

"We would like to welcome on the stage, the last group of the day: Yeon Aera and Navarro Ally."

(A/N: Yeon Aera is Aria's Korean name)

The more I looked in her eyes, the more the fire that I felt inside me ignite. I was fired up and I wanted nothing more than to crush her and take away her chances of debuting.

But there was also something I noticed as I kept looking at her. There was a certain emotion that her eyes held that I've never seen before.

Fear.

It felt nice in a way to be honest; to know that I was capable of provoking that emotion in her.

"Ally, it's our turn." Aria reminded me.

Taking one last look at her, I yank my view from her and walk towards the stage where I was about to pour out everything that I got.

Before I stepped on stage, Aria stopped me. I looked back at her to see her taking my hand into hers and giving it a light squeeze.

"Ready?"

With a confident smile on her face, I knew that she, like I, was not afraid in the least bit. Giving her hand a squeeze as well, I nod my head as I give her a smile.

"Ready."

Holding onto each other, we both walk on stage. Blinded by the lights at first, once my eyes adjust, I focus on the huge crowd in front of me. There had to be at least a good 400 people in the room.