34 - Puzzle Piece

Yoongi's P.O.V.

"He just texted me saying he's too tired. I told you guys that he wasn't going to come."

I took a big sip of my beer as I'm really thirsty and set it down on the table, letting out an "ahh."

That hit just the spot.

As I look through the menu, I listen to all the guys talking. To no surprise, they were talking about Jungkook. It's been three weeks since the incident in the practice room and things have seemed to go back to normal. At least for us.

Hmm. Fried chicken sounds nice.

"Excuse me." I call out to our waiter. "I'll get a basket of friend chicken please."

"The only time he's ever around us is at work. He won't even come and hang out with us on his days off like he usually does." - Tae

"He's also quieter than usual. It's like the Jungkook we know is gone." - Hoseok

"I'm just worried about the fact that he's been working twice as hard during practice. If he keeps it up, he won't even make it for the concert. He's going to burn out." - Namjoon

"I wonder what got into him all of a sudden. Just a few weeks ago he was all depressed and agitated and now he's working really hard as if rent is due tomorrow. He doesn't even pay rent!" - Tae

"Do you guys think he's still upset about Ally." - Hoseok

"Could be, but he hasn't even mentioned her at all, so it's hard to tell." - Jin

Idiots. Of course it was. It was obvious.

I knew exactly what he was doing. He's trying to distract himself. By working harder, he's trying not to think about Ally. But him refusing to not hangout with us, contradicted everything. He's isolating himself because he's hurt. I couldn't blame him. I would've done the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Despite listening the guys worry about Jungkook, I couldn't help but look at Jimin who was sitting across from me. He hasn't said a word since we've sat down.

"Jimin. Why are you so quiet?" - Namjoon

"Huh?...Oh, I'm just tired, that's all. It's been a long day."

Even though Jimin was physically here, his mind wasn't. I could tell that much. Compared to Jungkook, Jimin was a little harder to read. He hides his emotions really well and moments like this worry me because despite weeks passing by, he hasn't said anything about Ally at all.

Jimin's P.O.V.

As everyone talked about Jungkook, my mind was somewhere else like it has been for the past couple of weeks. Everywhere I go, I feel like I'm zoning out. During practice, interviews, gatherings, just everywhere.

My mind has been stuck on Ally. She's the only thing that I can think about. She's managed to fill my head even more than usual, but this time I was worried. Worried about where she is and how she's doing.

But besides all that worry, I was also confused. Confused for why she left.

Why did she leave?

That was the question that kept replying in my head on a loop. Truth is, I missed her. But I missed her as someone who I loves her so deeply. It feels like a part of my heart was ripped out of me and left with her.

It hurt.

My heart is aching for her, but I couldn't do anything about it. Nothing made sense. All this was like a puzzle that has many of the pieces missing. She had no reason to leave. This was her home. She even said it herself. She didn't have any plans of going anywhere, so why?

I knew I couldn't just sit here and continue to ask why and do nothing. I had to do something about it. I needed to figured out why she left.

I need to find her. Only then will I finally be able to piece together everything.

A/N

Eh. This chapters alright. I wrote it in a hurry so there's not much really going on but at least we have an insight of what Jimin is thinking.

Next chapter is going to be more interacting, I promise.

- A