Tell Me It's Real

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the epilogue is approaching very soon.

Lol read the a/n at the end it's super important actually.

Shouts out to @Songbird-meka and @Trvll_Jaa for posting my quotes on Instagram!

C h a p t e r 37: Tell Me It's Real

Tell me it's real
The feeling that we feel
Tell me that it's real
Don't let love come
Just to pass us by
Try, is all we have to do
It's up to me and you
To make this special love
Last forever more -Tell Me It's Real x K-ci & Jojo

Two months later. . .

Monique Dash.

"Happy new year!" Zaelyn yelled.

Michael and I laughed at him.

"Zae we still have like four hours." I said.

"I know that! I'm just working on how I'm gonna say it when it's the real deal! Those are gonna be my first words of the new year so I want to sound on point with it." He explained.

Michael and I just laughed.

It's new years eve. I'm only here at Michael's house because he claimed he didn't want me to be lonely.

I let Yanae go with Jonathan, and Zaelyn has been here with Michael since Christmas. So I accepted the invite because I really would have been home lonely.

These past two months have been going great. Me and Jonathan's divorce finalized today. I'm officially Monique Dash again.

You would have never thought that Jonathan and I just got divorced. We act just like best friends. We are best friends. I'm so glad that him and I are still close despite everything that happened.

I still let Yanae see him. She usually spends a weekend with him every two weeks.

I legally changed her name also, just the middle and last. So instead of Yanae Dash Carter, she's Yanae Carter Bradford. But if you ask her, she'll tell you her name is Yanae Carter.

As for her relationship with Michael.. it's off to a rocky start. We told her that Michael was her father a few weeks ago and she didn't take it well at all.

~

"So Nae, do you like Michael?" I asked her as both her I and Michael sat at the restaurant table.

Yanae nodded then went back to the ice cream she was eating.

"Well we have a something to tell you." Michael said.

"What?"

"Michael is your dad Yanae." I said slowly.

Yanae laughed a little. "No he's not."

I looked at Michael, I really wasn't expecting that type of reaction.

"I am, Yanae." Michael said.

"No you're not! My daddy's name is Jonathan. I'm telling him that you said you were my dad!" She yelled.

I don't see how I didn't notice this before. Both her and Zaelyn have anger problems like Michael.

"Yanae, I'm your real dad." Michael tried to reason with her.

"You're not my dad!" She screamed causing people to look at us.

"Shh, Yanae calm down. Just eat your ice cream. We'll talk about this later." I said sending an apologetic smile to the people in the restaurant.