Chapter 7

_______________________________

"Welcome to your new home. Ume, Gyutaro" You said as you opened the entrance of the mansion both arms slowly, dramatically raising into the air.

You thought it was cool butHoshiteru, he doesn't think of the same. He thinks that you were being dramatic, even Gyutaro who was a little skeptical of you thought the same.

First impressions, am I right?

Cream-colored walls greeted you all. It was decorated with gold and black linings, and a stretched-out black dragon that stops at the end of the halls, light orange light bulbs hung above the ceiling, and paintings of sceneries you had made hundreds of years pinned on the wall to view as you all walk deeper into the depths of the mansion.

Ume was gawking at how big and spotless the place is, "Uwaaah! This place is so clean and fancy!" She squealed as she excitedly shakes her older brother's shoulders.

It was better compared to their old house, not that she can compare it when just at first glance the mansion would have automatically won, even their whole village wouldn't even stand a single chance to the latter.

The village was just full of dirt and animals who are just hiding in a body of a human. She felt intoxicated and suffocated. While in here, with you,  she felt like she could finally breathe again. No one would finally force her to fulfill her job being a courtesan, just to pay dept to some old musty guy she isn't even familiar with.

She had already given her trust in you the moment she first saw you, you were pretty and fashionable in her eyes after all.

To Gyutaro, he was suspicious of you and Hoshiteru at first. He thought you both were some kind of kidnapper who would pick up stray kids on alleyways and sell them to some sketchy strangers but you might have changed his assumptions.... a little because of how happy his sister is.

Just seeing her younger sister smile is enough to make him smile too. Not only that, but he was also glad to finally crawl out of that hell hole. He may have left their parents there but he doesn't give a single damn about them, they can rot in there for all he cares. They didn't treat him like their own child in the first place anyway.

He has too, had enough in there.

"And lastly here's your rooms!" You huffed out, the three of you stopping in front of two traditional Japanese sliding doors. Hoshiteru had immediately left mid the tour due to Toru's- one of your demons 'important signals'. It's in the middle of the night so it was safe to go out.

"Can we share one room? I don't want us to separate" Gyutaro asked, troubled to get Ume out of his sight and alone if she somehow want to explore the mansion by herself.

"These Rooms are connected, you just have to slide the sliding door that separates both rooms. The closet is already filled with persons outfits and other personals. The beds and furniture too so no need to worry about your things being left behind" You told, sliding the door open for the kids to feast their eyes to see. The sound of the wood skidding and searching with the wooden door echoed through the whole area before the sound faded to the distance.

Hoshiteru suddenly appeared beside you, bowing 90°  before standing up. You were glad that the siblings have their focus on the room they are about to permanently stay instead of the both of you, you don't want them to know yet. It wasn't the right time to do so.

"Y/n-sama, Toru, and Maede have found the 'thing' you have been looking for. They will be back with it at sunrise." He whispered so the siblings wouldn't hear.

You pursed your lips into a thin line, looking at Ume and Gyutaro inside their sleeping quarters. Ume had dragged Gyutaro inside earlier so it was okay to not whisper now but you will still speak in a downward manner.

"Alright, notify the others that a meeting will be done at dusk. Also, tell Toru and Maede to stay vigilant, I can't get that man to touch it. Not even a sense of his presence."

"As you wish, I'll get going now" Hoshiteru bowed again before disappearing around the corner.

You returned your gaze at the two, "You guys settle yourselves, I have to do something important. Just call the maids if you need something, okay? I'll be back in a bit"

Ume hastily nodded her head and exclaimed a simple, "Will do!"

Gyutaro who poked his head out the sliding door that separates the two rooms— just simply nodded before going back to his room.

With a small smile, you slid the sliding door closed, and you snapped both your thumb and middle finger before disappearing into thin air.

A second later, you had reappeared in another room, underground. Turning the lights on, you are greeted by books and mixtures you have been experimenting with to pass the time.

Walking towards the table, there placed an opened book on top. A book filled with information handwritten by yours truly unfolded in the chapter labeled Blue Spider Lily.

________________________________________   
Meanwhile

"Eek! These clothes are so pretty and comfortable!" Ume squealed in delight as she tried another cloth that you had prepared beforehand.

"Does It looks good on me, brother?" She asked her brother as she twirled in front of a mirror, admiring how it looks on her.

Hearing no response from Gyutaro, "Brother?" Ume called looking at her brother who is laying on her bed, deep in thoughts

Ume's eyebrows creased when her brother didn't reply again. She stroked near him and shook his shoulders making him snap back to reality.

Gyutaro blinked his eyes a couple of times to remove the stinging sensation from not blinking his eyes for a long period, he looked at his side to face his sister.

"What?" He asked, scratching his chin. Ume's lips formed into a pout. " You weren't paying attention. I said, does this looks good on me?"

Gyutaro thought for a second before answering with a small smile, " Yeah, everything looks good on you."

"What were you thinking?" Ume asked as she lay down next to his brother. Both of them sprawled and faced the ceiling.

"It's nothing."

"Awh! C'mon tell me!" Ume whined as she propped her head on her palms, laying sideways, facing her brother.

"You want to know?"

"Yes!" Ume muttered slightly irritated

Gyutaro sighed before adjusting his head to face his sister, he debated his thoughts but still decided to tell her.

"Don't you think it's too good to be true?"

"Huh?"

"Just hours ago we were staying outside of a house, in the cold with a makeshift blanket to barely keep us warm, but they- no.. she suddenly came and took us out of that hell of a home..." Gyutaro returned his gaze to the ceiling. Ume laying back down, doing the same.

Ume was silent for a moment before answering.

"Faith must have a plan for us, maybe we were meant to get out of there"