Chapter 8

____________________________________

Ume's slumber has been disturbed, and Gyutaro was as well by the sweet chirping tweets of the soaring of many different birds outside roaming around the vicinity of the building.

She yawns, hands softly rubbing the sleep off her eyes. Her eyebrows slightly creased in confusion.

Why is it so comfy? Where and when did they have the money to buy such a comfy bed and stay in such a luxurious room?

Looking around the room, her eyes widen in realization, memories of last night suddenly go back, resurfacing through the very top of her memory. Her body suddenly jerked up causing her to fall off the bed.

"Oh my god- OW! That hurts!!"

Hearing his sister's sound of distress, Gyutaro immediately sprung off the warmth and soft comfort of his bed. He tramped in his sister's direction with drowsiness still lingering over his system. Unfocused on where he is going, Gyutaro smacked his body onto the sliding door that separates his room from his sister, Ume.

Groaning at the pain on his lower behind— from the impact of the fall. He stared motionlessly at the wall for a minute before standing up with a full focus on his surroundings now.

Opening the door he is greeted by Ume slumped on the floor, mumbling "It was real? It wasn't hallucinations.... haha" with disbelief in her tone.

"Oi, what was that? Gyutaro asked, their voice husky and rough as he had just awoken a minute ago. He slowly walks towards his sister, the pain in his butt slowly subsiding away.

" Nothing just fell out of shock... Probably"

"What are you shocked about?"

Gyutaro offers his hand which Ume gladly accepted. "I thought I was dreaming about the whole thing- about our new home and Y/n-san" Ume groaned rubbing the sore spot on her wrist.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Gyutaro sighs as he pats the space beside him indicating to Ume to sit. Ume gladly did so.

"We gotta get used to our new lifestyle. Like you had said last night, this must've been Faith's plan for us" Gyutaro chuckled patting his sister's head softly.

Ume silently nodded before standing up, "I'm thirsty, I'm going to get some water"

Before she could walk to the door, Gyutaro stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"No you stay here, I'll be the one to get it"

"No, I can get it myself."

"But what if you'll get lost?"

"Psh, I won't! The kitchen is just two halls away from here"

"If you got in trouble?"

"I'll just call you and the maids or just scream or something"

Gyutaro contemplated for a moment before finally giving in, he just don't want his sister to wander off to somewhere since he know how Ume can easily get distracted over things that is shiny or piques her interest.

Ume was about to say something but was interrupted by Gyutaro.

"But— don't go off to somewhere and take too long"

Ume nodded before hastily leaving the room. Little did Gyutaro know, Ume exactly did the opposite of what he had told her.

Following the opposite of what have been told... Ah, sibling rebellion... How can a simple rebel lead to a small disaster?