Chapter 9

__________________________________

Walking through the hall towards the kitchen. Ume admires the paintings pinned on the walls and designs as she pass them. She would occasionally stop to stare at them for a minute then continue her journey to her destination— the kitchen

She had seen the paintings during the tour, yes. But she couldn't admire them fully as they were walking, you were focused on showing them to where specific rooms can be find.

A certain painting had caught Ume's attention. Stopping in front the painting. She stood there, eyes widened with stars twinkling in them, flowery aura radiating behind her and body motionless. She was hypnotized by the painting's beauty, it was a one of a kind piece.

The painting has colorful background, red, yellow, pink, green you name it but it wasn't what had caught Ume's eyes. What had caught her attention was the blue foreign  flower at the middle.

Book of how to handle Ume.
Written by: Big bony-bro Gyutaro

Lesson 1- never lay paintings of flowers especially once she don't have knowledge of. (She can get distracted and out of the reality if showed or glimpsed)

Being so entranced by the painting. Ume didn't notice the banters and footsteps total of two people coming her way.

The sound of footsteps halted a meter away from the girl. Ume- who was back from reality felt new presence in the hallway, she froze, slowly looking to their way like a old rusty robot that needs to be greased

She was greeted by two men: one tall with short dark blue and snow white hair, slanted eyes with snake like black pupils, he also has stripe and a needle tattoo on both sides of his shoulders to his elbows. He's wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck, pairing it with a black hakama with white branches design . His most noticeable features are the black strips on both side of his cheekbone.

 His most noticeable features are the black strips on both side of his cheekbone

Full Moon Number 4: Maede

The other one is only a few inches shorter than the first. Long baby blue hair that is styled into a high ponytail with bangs framing the side and middle of his face. He have sharp moss green eyes with white pupils, and sharp canines. Roll of bandage wrapped around his waist as substitute for clothes— it is if it can be called clothes, and lastly pairing it with plain dark blue hakama. His most noticeable features are the white snowflake tattooed on the side of his forehead.

Full Moon Number 2: Toru

The three were having a stare down. After couple of minutes of staring, no one had spoke- it was all silence not until.

"THERE'S A DEMON IN THE HOUSE!"

____________________________________

_A minute before_

"Hurry up, Toru! The sun is only a meter behind!" One with two colored hair shouted as he uses one of his ability to glide through the dirt.

How does he do it? He manipulates any specks that relates to stone and dirt to form a slide and with something that help him to fasten his phase— A leverage to put it simply like a tentacle to push him forward or waves that mimics the calming waves of the ocean.

"Shut it Maede! Why don't you carry this instead since you're the fastest of the both of us huh?! " Toru aggressively retorted to the guy who's name was Maede. Clutching a medium sized box to his chest, he kept it safe. He puffed out a loud sigh of relief when he saw the building they needed to be.

He felt boost of adrenaline surge through his body. With his motivation to rest inside his quarter, Toru ran more faster than he ran before, passing his gliding colleague, he was first to step inside the comfort of the place he called home.

Maede followed suit, once he is inside the building, he immediately slammed the dark oak door shut, preventing the sunlight pass through the shade the building and burn them to ashes.

Slumping his body to the wall, he sat there limply controlling his breathing to their regular phase. Adrenaline slowly leaving his body as it gets replaced by tiredness and pain from running all night.

"That was close" Toru breathed out.

Maede only eyed the boy in silence. Soon after he felt his eyebrows and lips twitch in annoyance.

" yeah 'close' my ass" he murmured low for Toru to not hear as he stood up from his sitting position. It was comfortable and he want to stay in that position a little longer but he has- no, both of them still has something to give their boss first.

" 'My ass' what?" But the latter did hear only a tiny bit. Toru looked skeptical at Maede, it was as if Maede grew another head.

Maede side eyed the bluenette and smirked. " Up . Tonight" before bolting through the hallways.

Toru was left at the doorstep to process what he just had said. Once it finally sinked in, he gritted his teeth before chasing after the latter with the box still safely on his hold.

"Maede you bastard! Get back here!"

Hysterical fits of laughter and footsteps echoed through the halls for a minute before it gradually died down.

Catching up with the white and dark-blue haired boy, Toru snarled.

"You're a idiot, you know that?"

"Yeah I know, did you perhaps just realized? The great Toru? How uncharacteristic of you."

"Shut it you idiot" Toru grumbled, fastening his phase so that he can finally reach the place where his master's at and give the box to finally escape the exhausting and annoying presence of his comrade and maybe rest for the whole day.

"Make me"

Toru clicked his tongue and decided to just ignore Maede for the rest of the walk.

Well- he gave up on a minute, he tried to. Maede have just said certain words that made him pissed and bark back.

They bickered back and forth, slapping or kicking each other- mainly Toru to Maede till both stopped at a certain part of the hall where they saw a little girl they aren't familiar off.

"Huh... What is a child doing here?" Toru stared at the child confused.

Maede flinched after hearing what Toru mumbled, he looked to where his companion is looking at. He froze at the sight of a child.

The child appeared to noticed their presence, staring back, motionlessly.

The three minutes of the uncalled staring contest was broken by Maede.

"Oh my god- there's a child inside the base, aha-"

It was then Maede realized, there's a child inside the base- a base which some child aren't allowed to stray at. You have told them that before: It was a rule that he and the other full moon's at least know of.

Out of sheer panic he screamed. "THERE'S A DEMON INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

Ume flinched at the loudness of the unknown males voice, her body had that immediate reaction of thinking she is trouble, so she did what she said she would do.

"BROTHER!!!!"