Chapter 10

__________________________________

Silence was all over a certain room, comfortable silence it was. A certain someone was there all alone yet she didn't mind, it was peaceful and quite.

Calm atmosphere was surrounding the entire room until someone suddenly barged in, in panic.

"Master! There's a kid that got inside and strayed the mansion when kids- that you haven't given permission of- ain't even allowed!" Maede hastily mumbled, the back of the child's collar in his grasp, resulting Ume- which is the child he is talking about to dangle on the air helplessly.

Toru followed next, putting the box on the table in the middle of the long black rectangular shaped couch before laying down the floor, face down.

"Flower s' inside the box, Y/n-sama"

He whispered. You nodded, you've heard it loud and clear.

"You both did a great job, Toru. You're free to go rest now" with a flick of your finger, he disappeared. As you teleported Toru to his chamber, Maede just finished his 'fright mumbling' episode.

"Calm down. Jeez.... put her down, Maede"

Following your order, he slowly put Ume down the ground. The girl glared at the latter before looking the other way with a pout and arms crossed, muttering a 'He's stupid'

"I'm the one that bought them here, so it's all good, Maede. No rule has been broken" Maede was completely silent, taking what his master had just said to him in, but after a few moment he realized you have said a certain word... 'them"

"Them....?" He asked with uncertainty, beads of sweats rolling down from his forehead to his chin, afraid of what you were going to say even though he already know what your answer is going to be.

He already seen one.... and then another one?

There's now two demons he needed to avoid.

Demons is what Maede calls children. It all started before he was offered to become a demon by you.

________________________________
Flashback

Looking traumatized, he looked at the dead bloody corpse of a child he is supposed to take care of. Tamiko- a trouble maker yet an innocent 9-years-old child...is dead.

Because of him Tamiko is gone. His mind told him so and he believes it.

This all happened when Tamiko's little sister needed some assistance to that Tamiko had slipped off Maede's mind.

'What if i did, it wouldn't happen right? If I also paid close attention to Tamiko, he wouldn't enter the kitchen and get the hold of a knife and accidentally stab himself... Right?'

"Mae-san, where's brother?" A female kid named Mika asked from behind the door. She was about to take a peek from inside but Maede had covered her eyes not wanting her to see this horrid sight of her once older brother. With his trembling hands, he kept the ones eyes on feasting the scene that he is currently seeing, he didn't want to taint the child's eyes like his at a young age.

"W-will you go to your room for a minute, Mika? Mae-san has something to to do, okay?" Maede said without leaving his gaze at Tamiko's lifeless body lying on the ground with the pool of his own blood.

When he is sure Mika have entered her room, Maede quickly went toward Tamiko's body, cradling his cold body in his arms.

He looked down, his dark blue hair covering his face from the light, casting a shadow over his face. The tears he had been holding back before came undone as it rolls down to his chin and fall to Tamiko's hair.

A erdearly women entered her daughter's house to check how's her grandchildren's, sobs and incoherent mumblings what she heard when she step foot in the door. Confused, she slowly headed to where the sounds are. Every step the woman take, she felt dread slowly creep up to her body as the sobs become louder and the mumblings to slightly clear.

She stopped in front the entrance of the kitchen. There she was greeted by Maede cradling her grandson as he was sobbing and continuously muttering 'This is my fault' with 'I'm sorry' at the very end.

The woman's eyes widen, pupils shaking as she asked "W-what happened?" Hearing this, Maede slightly turned his head to look at her eyes. His eyes were red and puffy from the constant crying.

He opened his mouth to say something yet no voice came out, it was as if his voice needed to ask permission to someone to work. Downing the stuck saliva down his throat, he muttered.

"I'm sorry..."

_______

A lot of happened this past few days. Tamiko's family was informed about his passing, they mourned for their loss before burying him.

Putting the flowers down, he prayed in respect then stood up. Maede stared at the grave for a minute before walking away to nowhere in particular.

He let his feet drag him to where they wanted him to be, he don't have a idea where to go as he was told to take a break from his work after what had happened.

Maede knew, he knows what they had meant and he never planned to come back there any way. He didn't have the guts to face them again, as it will also worsen the nightmares he got after the accident.

He never felt at lost ever since that day but here he is again... back to where he had started.

He stared in front of a abandoned house, his house with the memories he had left long time ago.

His black slanted eyes void of emotions as unwanted memories he had buried in the depths of his mind, resurface.

It was the exact moment you came in.

you looked at him with understanding before clearing your throat.

"Yes, them. I bought her and her older brother here. "

Speaking of older brother.....

____________________________

Shameless plug-

I published a new story, It's a Tokyo Revengers OC Reader Insert titled 'Him".

So please check it out!

____________________________