Chapter 15

______________________________
Incredulity looking down on one's faithful lies
_____________________________
Years later...

-Present Timeline -

An airy sigh passes through your lips as you stare up at the cloudy sky. The surrounding is cold and full of solitude and peace, but such peace can't ever overcome the growing storm that has been clouding your mind.

'it has been years. The start of one's story... A start of the great tragedy fate has me pieced into as its creator.'

You looked down at your hand in wonder. Picking with your long sharp nails, so deep in your thoughts to notice the loud quick breaths and padding steps rushing up to you.

'Will my decision lead to a greater ending? Or will it be one's downfall instead? How quickly it changed my somewhat 'normal' life to something greater. Could my purpose be'

"[Y/N]-SAMAAAA!! The letter arrived safely, they sent a reply!!" Toca had informed, huffing and body sweat struck as she offer her hand with the letter. This took your attention off your thoughts, you perked up with this,  shuffling to stand up with the news now processed in your brain.

"Mhm. You may rest now Toca, you did a great job today," You said as you patted your folded kimono to remove the possible dust that stick and to remove the wrinkles from sitting for too long. The girl brightened up, her tiredness seemingly had faded away, nodding with much energy she disappeared.

You unscrolled the letter that was beautifully sealed by a red wax stamp, red eyes skimming through every word it contains. Humming with content, you placed the scroll down the mat you were previously seating on. Readied, you stepped up into the middle of a dark croaky forest.

Far ahead you see a light, a familiar light of a house. 'Ah, the Kamados.'  you thought as you hike the path of the slope of the mountain the house of the family resides in.

'God damnit why is your house so far down?!

You take another step, your inner human taking a toll on your demonized body even though a small hike up a Mountain should be no problem to you.

'Who the fuck decided to put the fucking house up there huh?! Is it you Tanjuro ?!'

Ah, you're overreacting again.

Finally, you arrived at the top where the house is located after a lot of heaving and whining later. You gently knocked at the wooden door, and the sound of the knocks echoed before disappearing.

"Coming!" Shouted from inside, the sound of someone's feet padding at the other side of the door nearing before it ceased, a second later the door opened to reveal a black-haired boy. The boy's dark red eyes glanced up to meet your lighter ones, his eyes lit up in recognition as he spoke to you from your late visits.

"Takeo! Hey, bud." You grinned as you ruffled his hair making a mess out of his used-to-be neatly slicked back hair.

"[Y/N]-SANNN Stop it! I just brushed my hair" Takeo whined, trying to salvage his once-neat hair. You chuckled, looking up to see Kie, being the goofy being you are you awkwardly waved with a little bit of frizz of course cause who wouldn't? She's a pretty milf lady.

"Ah, Good Noon [Y/N]-san" She greeted, carrying a sleeping Rokuta in her arms, the child would move awake but Kie's little sway does the trick as always!

"Come in [Y/N]-san, it's cold outside." Kie offered with concern as it is snowing outside. You were tempted by the offer but decided against it.

"I'm good-" you flap your hand as decline,  " the cold never bothered me anyway. I only came to check up on you then I'll be on my way to the meeting I have to attend" You said, ruffling Takeo's hair once more which he whined but didn't do anything about it and just savored the feeling.

Looking over the sky, "I'll go now, see you later Kie, Takeo." you sigh smiling.

"Take care! [Y/N]-san!!"

"You too, make sure to keep the pouch with you guys every time ok?"

"Will do!" Takeo said, touching the pouch you had given him.

You began to track down the slope deciding to just walk for a while, the whining from before completely forgotten as you continue your merry way.

In the middle of your walk down the path, you heard something distant. You paused, it was screaming.... the screams were all too familiar.

'Kie.... The other Kamado's....... SHIT'