𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

☆彡𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙛 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚彡☆

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝘿𝙞𝙙... 𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏?!"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

❝Do I look like I care?❞

YOU WERE SHOCKED! No surprised! Just what the hell is this place? Yes you were fascinated by how bright the modern city was, but you still kept on your cold expression. You were used to do your missions in the small villages and this was your first visiting those kind on places.

Shiu knew you were mesmerized by this, but decided not to tease you since he still wants to keep his head on his shoulders. You turned to face him, "So, where are those demons?" You asked with your arms crossed over your chest. Shiu cleared his throat to compose himself, "The people here said that the disappearance happened mostly in the darkness of the city... you know." He explained as he started to move forward. The place was crowded with people moving here and there which was so annoying to you.

Shiu started to guide you throughout the crowd and you noticed that the crowd started to decrease which kinda relieved you. The area around you was slightly darker than the rest of the city and not a lot of people moved around here. You could see a few couples here and there... well... minding their own business. You cringed your face in disgust and tried your best to avoid looking at them.

"Alright Y/N, this is area is known as the dark side of this city. A man spotted a demon carrying a dead woman here to this place. He kept on sneakily watching this place and noticed four demons coming here very often. You just need to decapitate those demons and you will get paid well."

After Shiu explained everything to you, he left you alone to deal with the demons. You threw up your worm inventory and let it wrap itself around you. You moved around without any care to the glances you received from the few people here and there. What they think of you doesn't matter, all you care about was just finishing this mission so you can return home to your son. This payment will be enough to provide anything Megumi desires.

As you walked, you heard a muffled scream not to far away from you. You followed the sound to an alleyway and there you saw a female demon holding down a young girl. You smirked as you pulled out your broadsword, "Found you..." You moved toward them preparing yourself to kill this demon.

After that night, you needed to stay for two additional nights because the other three demons didn't appear at the same night. They weren't that hard to handle which was good to you.

You sighed as you watched the last demon evaporated, "This should be the last of them." You mumbled, stuffing your sword back into the worm's mouth. You walked out of the alleyway and meet up with Shiu who was waiting for you, "It's over." You said, crossing your arms. The dark haired male smirked in satisfaction, "I knew you could do it. Now let's go to get the money." He stated and both of you walked out of the shady area.

You both met up with a man who was wearing fancy clothes. Of course you made sure to swallow your inventory worm back to your stomach so the man doesn't see it. He looked worried when he spotted you walking toward him, "So? Did you kill them all?" He asked with panic in his voice. You let out a tsk while glaring at the man, "Sure thing, are you suspecting my abilities?" You coldly spat, narrowing your eyes to sharpen the glare. The man gulp and turned to look at Shiu to avoid your glare, but he can't since he still could feel it burning through his very soul.

"What she means is yes, they are all dead." Shiu assured him, using a more calming voice so he won't lose a good payment like this. The man let out a sigh of relief and paid you the amount of money you required. He thanked you and went to tell the rest of the rich families about the good news. Shiu turned to you and smirked, "That was worth it, right?" He said, showing you the money bag.

You rolled your green eyes, "Yeah yeah, now give me the money."

"We have to divide it between us first."

"Alright then, 70,30."

"What? But I deserve 50% of it! I brought you the mission!"

"I did most of the job, so it's 70,30."

Shiu sighed and decided to agree since you were right. He can't just lose his only partner that provides him with money, can he now?

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

You were making your way back to the Uzui household. You decided to buy a few things to Uzui, his wives, and Megumi. It was as a way to show gratitude to them for taking care of Megumi in your absence.

"I wonder if Megumi has recovered from his fever." You thought, seeing the house not too far away from you. Once you entered through the gate, you saw Uzui exiting the main house door. You raised an eyebrow as you noticed him looking slightly nervous, "Hm? Where are you going?" You asked, squinting your eyes at him since you could see him looking everywhere but you.

"Oh Y/N! I didn't know you would return this early! How was your mission?" He blabbered while sweatdropping nervously.

"What did you do?" You straightforwardly asked, you knew he did something that would put him in trouble. Uzui tried to find any excuse to escape, but knowing you, you wouldn't let him off the hook. Thus, he better tell you now and face the consequences of his decisions and actions. He took a deep breath and let out a sigh, "I sent Hina, Suma, and Makio in a mission to track down a demon, but I lost contact with them." He explained, waiting for your reaction.

You looked at him with confusion while placing a hand on your hip, "And? Is this why you went nervous when you saw me? It's not like I care about what you do to your wives." You said while rolling your eyes in annoyance.

"...But you will care now."

"What do you mean?"

Uzui was hesitant to tell you, but he had to do it sooner or later. You waited for him to open his mouth and say what he had to say, "I've sent Megumi with them." Once he said that, you froze in place and dropped the souvenir bag. Your eyes twitched as they went wide, this must be a sick joke Tengen pulling on you. After you composed yourself from the shock, your expression turned to one of fury.

"You did... WHAT?!"