𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

☆彡𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙛 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚彡☆

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙍𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

❝Do I look like I care?❞

YOU AND TENGEN MADE your way to deep parts of Yoshiwara to rescue Hinatsuru, using the rooftops of the houses. The area was darker and gloomier than the rest of the district.

It was necessary to go fetch Hinatsuru since Megumi was with her before he disappeared. He was your top priority at the moment and nothing else matters besides him. You couldn't lose him, you made a clear promise to H/N that you will protect your son under any circumstances. You're not ready to break this vow anytime soon.

As you two ran, you landed down from the rooftop into an alleyway. Tengen took a peek to ensure that everything is safe than continued to run with you following suit. Suddenly, Tengen came into an abrupt stop and turned back. His eyes widened as he looked at one of the buildings, "Hinatsuru?" He spoke up.

You followed his gaze and surely Hinatsuru was there all tied up by obi belts. You both walked in to help her out of her restraints, "I will cut them." You said, using the dagger that was still in your hand to carefully cut the belts.

You successfully freed your co-wife and Tengen held her in his arms. She slowly opened her eyes and stared at you both, "Tengen sama... Y/N san..." She spoke up with raspy voice. You could see that she wasn't in very good condition, she was very sick to speak normally.

The white haired Hashira pulled out a small pill and put it in Hinatsuru's mouth, "Forgive me, Tengen sama." She breathed out, looking at her husband with very tired eyes. Uzui's expressions softened, "Never mind. Stop talking." He gently said.

"I knew that Warabihime Oiran was a demon. She started to suspect me, so I drank poison and tried to leave the house. I discovered that the obi she gave me was to spy on me and kill me, that's why I couldn't contact you."

Tengen didn't say anything and just continued to listen to her, but you on the other hand still need to know something. You clenched your fists tightly, "What about Megumi? Where is he?" You spoke up with a cold tone. Hinatsuru turned to you and looked at you sadly, "She realized that Megumi wasn't a girl and before she trapped me here, she took him somewhere away from the house. I'm really sorry, I couldn't protect him." You didn't reply, but your body language could tell her that you're very pissed off.

"I will wait outside."

Was the only thing you spat before leaving the room. Again, no clue. Even Hinatsuru doesn't know where Megumi is, you even started to doubt that he is alive. However, you shook the thought away before it consumes your mind. After a short while, Tengen exited the building, "Let's go, Y/N. I'm sure we will find Megumi soon." He told you, trying his best to assure you. However, you were still angry and didn't respond to him.

You just followed him again back on the rooftops. After a short run, he stopped again, "There's sounds of fighting close to us." He informed you.

"Move then."

He led you through the area and jumped down, "It's here. Underground!" He exclaimed and kneeled down, placing his ear in the ground. He then stood up and pulled his swords out, "Sound Breathing... First Form... Roar!" With that, he slammed his swords down on the ground, creating a loud explosion with dirt raising up. He continued to do this and you used this opportunity to switch from the dagger to your broad sword.

A smirk tugged on your lips, "Fun time." You mumbled and jumped down after Uzui. You both landed down with a loud thud with the dust blinding everyone around. After everything cleared, you could see an obi belt that has weird eyes and lips. The whole place was filled those belts, they had women pictures in them, "These are real humans, I can probably find him here." You thought as you looked around.

Uzui took a deep breath while you prepared yourself, "Are you ready?"

"Don't ask me this."

With that, both of you dashed forward, cutting all of the belts without harming any of the women. Once the coast was clear, you both stop. Both Suma and Makio stood there with shock, along with them were two boys... one with boar head and the other was the boy you met in the house.

"Tengen sama... Y/N san..."

You heard Makio say, still in utter shock while Suma was about to cry. You didn't bother to listen to them and just kept on looking around for your son. Just then... your green eyes landed on a small figure dressed in dark yukata not to far away. You ran there quickly and kneeled down and placing your sword down.

It was him...

You picked up your unconscious son and cradled him in your arms, "Thank goodness you're alive." You held him close as if he was going to disappear if you let him go. You didn't care about the commotion happening in the background, all you cared about at the moment was the safety of your son.

You pulled away slightly and pushed his hair from his face, inspecting him for any injuries. He was wounded in some places, but nothing too major, "I'm sorry, I was late." You mumbled, placing your hand on his cheek.

You put your forehead against his and closed your eyes, trying your best to hold your tears back. Just then, you felt something hold your hand that was on Megumi's cheek...

"Mama..."

The small and familiar voice of your son snap you back to reality as he lightly squeezed your hand. You saw that Megumi was looking at you through half open eyes. You smiled at him faintly and planted a small kiss on his forehead, "Rest your head, dumbling. It's going to be fine." You whispered and noticed that he nodded and closed his eyes.

All the time and Uzui was observing you and your son, he was glad that he was safe and sound.